Talk

Advanced search

What are you all getting your DM?

(48 Posts)
UntamedShrew Wed 02-Dec-15 18:48:21

Sorry if I've missed a thread on here about this already.

I'm stumped. She has everything so it's become impossible to spoil her!! Any ideas?

olbas Wed 02-Dec-15 18:50:07

An experience day with birds of prey.. She will be beyond excited grin

UntamedShrew Wed 02-Dec-15 18:54:49

Haha - Mine is terrified of birds so this is sadly not a goer for me. Hope your DM likes it!

BeStrongAndCourageous Wed 02-Dec-15 19:02:47

Jo Malone perfume - that's what she asked for - plus a selection of interesting coffees from the farmers market, and something from Hotel Chocolate.

Jeanniejampots80 Wed 02-Dec-15 19:05:56

A voucher for posh afternoon tea and my sister and I will pay to go too and money for the sales "she favourite present smile "

EatShitDerek Wed 02-Dec-15 19:10:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Effendi Wed 02-Dec-15 19:12:27

A facial, eyebrows threaded, hair cut and highlights. Plus a Debenhams voucher.
She's hard to buy for.

Moomazoo Wed 02-Dec-15 19:13:08

This is the second Christmas I've spend without my mum!!!! Now in got lots of ideas ... Can only buy flowers x

WhoisLucasHood Wed 02-Dec-15 19:14:00

A B&Q voucher. It sounds utterly dull but she's in the process of buying a fixer upper since splitting from Dad this year so will be useful for her. She's impossible to buy for usually.

passmethewineplease Wed 02-Dec-15 19:17:39

It sounds rubbish but I've got her an air fryer, she's been after mine for one for ages but they were a little out of her budget.

msrisotto Wed 02-Dec-15 19:28:26

sad Moomazoo

UntamedShrew Wed 02-Dec-15 19:41:34

Oh Moomazoo I'm sorry to hear that. I know having my DM to buy for is a lovely problem to have. Hope you manage to enjoy your Christmas anyway but I know it must be hard.

MistressMerryWeather Wed 02-Dec-15 19:46:29

A fancy floral splashback for her kitchen.

It was Homebase vouchers last year. The woman spends her life decorating.

spudmasher Wed 02-Dec-15 19:46:42

My mum loves musicals and we have been to see quite a few together. For Christmas I bought her cast recordings of the musicals we have seen so she can relive the fun and dance around her kitchen!

SparklyTinselTits Wed 02-Dec-15 19:59:42

A dove gift set (she has some weird obsession with dove bath creme), Paul O'Grady's new autobiography and a big Yankee candle. She's quite easy to buy for luckily! fsmile

jamtartandcustard Wed 02-Dec-15 22:17:23

Afternoon tea voucher. Joint present with my dad as my mum has had poor health this year and my dad gave up work to look after her and I thought it might be a nice treat for them. However it is at a garden centre (dobbies) so if they want to buy something for the house/garden instead they can X

LibidinousTurkey Thu 03-Dec-15 06:58:02

A cashmere jumper from M&S and some Joules bamboo socks. It's all about the comfort with my DM fgrin

mimiasovitch Thu 03-Dec-15 07:01:24

A cast iron bird table, some super sharp embroidery scissors and something to do with quilting, but I haven't decided on that yet. The latter two are for her birthday, which is a week before. Also maybe a pot of narcissi.

Nearlyadoctor Thu 03-Dec-15 07:05:21

Radley handbag, molton brown diffuser and Kate Morton's new book. She won't be happy though - never is!
One of her friends daughters will always have spent more and bought 'better' presents. Hey ho!!

fieldfare Thu 03-Dec-15 07:07:40

A Clarins gift set of her face cream with other bits and bobs in too, she wouldn't treat herself to that.
The new Adele cd from Dd, the Les Mis soundtrack too as I took her to the show a few weeks ago and she loved it.
Something yummy too but I haven't got that bit yet, maybe some nice chocs with a good bottle of red.

ifonly4 Thu 03-Dec-15 10:28:08

My Mum likes Boots No 7 and has asked for Boots vouchers many times in the past, so I've got her a Boots voucher. Taking a bit of a risk as she's fussy, but I'm also doing an Xmas hamper and will give her some flowers which I usually do. I've often given her choccies and toiletries I know she likes in the past. DD has got her a pewter keepsake heart with "I Love you Granny" engraved.

Unfairestofthemall Thu 03-Dec-15 10:34:10

A really long hot water bottle she can wrap around her grin let's see her complain she's cold now!

SymphonyofShadows Thu 03-Dec-15 15:01:47

A radio/USB player with a light for the visually impaired so that I can download talking books for her. I've also got her bits like posh hand cream, the chocolate covered Brazil's she likes, and one of those big walnut whip tree shaped boxes from M&S as she loves them. I'm on the lookout for something like a cardi too.

FattyNinjaOwl Thu 03-Dec-15 15:09:01

My mum has a gold charm bracelet so I've got her a rose charm for it. Rose is her favourite flower.
that's all shes getting. I have no money. I had to scrimp and save to get her that.

ChipInTheSugar Thu 03-Dec-15 15:12:12

A bee hotel! Need to find other bits too - doesn't really do makeup or perfume or stuff like that confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now