Talk

Advanced search

Gluten Free Christmas Gingerbread Recipes

(3 Posts)
MiaLou Wed 02-Dec-15 11:02:29

Hi folks!
I just wondered if anyone on here had a foolproof recipe for gluten free gingerbread?
I made some last year using a normal wheat-flour recipe but switching it out for gluten free flour but while really tasty, they were a bit too soft and lacked the crunch of the real thing.
So if anyone has a gluten free recipe they swear by, I would love to hear it if you're happy to share!
Thanks in advance! :-)

tkband3 Wed 02-Dec-15 11:11:41

This is a good one...

350g g-f plain flour
2tsp ground ginger
1tsp bicarb
100g cold butter, diced
100 dark brown sugar
75g caster sugar
1 egg
4tsp honey

Pre-heat oven to 190C, Gas 5. Lightly grease a baking sheet

Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the ginger and the bicarb. Run the butter into the flour mixture till it resembles bread crumbs. Add the sugars, egg and honey and blend to make a soft dough. If the dough appears too wet, add a little more flour. If it seems too dry, add a few drops of water or a little more egg.

Knead the dough until smooth on a lightly floured surface. Roll it out as evenly as possible to a thickness of 5mm.

Cut out shapes and carefully place on a baking sheet. (You could at this point decorate with cherries or raisins if you want.)

Bake for about 12 minutes until just lightly brown (Mine only needed 10 minutes, but I think my oven gets very hot.) Leave to cool for a few minutes before lifting on to a rack to cool fully. Then decorate with icing. Can also be frozen.

MiaLou Wed 02-Dec-15 11:14:57

That looks yum, thanks tkband3. I never would have thought of using honey in gingerbread but will give that a go this weekend. :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now