Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Dinner Deserts

(19 Posts)
dancemom Tue 01-Dec-15 20:40:45

I'm thinking a lovely chocolate Yule log and maybe an apricot tart or a raspberry flan or a bakewell cheesecake....yum!

Has anyone seen any nice desserts?

dancemom Tue 01-Dec-15 20:41:17

Aaarrgggh autocorrect fail!

duckbilled Tue 01-Dec-15 20:50:16

I am going for a Yule log, dd can help me decorate it and it can be a centerpiece smile

macnab Tue 01-Dec-15 21:04:10

I am doing a trifle and a lemon meringue roulade.

Costacoffeeplease Tue 01-Dec-15 21:08:57

I'm probably doing a chocolate roulade and a pavlova, none of us like Christmas pudding!

SquadGoals Wed 02-Dec-15 13:19:08

DH and I are in charge of dessert this years.

We're thinking pavlova and gluten free brownies.

FurryDogMother Wed 02-Dec-15 14:18:41

Were having sticky ginger puddings with ginger ice cream smile

SymphonyofShadows Wed 02-Dec-15 16:06:30

I make an american style baked lemon cheesecake and serve it with Green & Blacks vanilla ice cream. No one likes dried fruit here.

Pheobe1 Wed 02-Dec-15 17:40:27

Dh is making his amazing baked cheesecake which will be served with salted caramel or raspberries.
I am making profiteroles, lemon tart and champagne jellies.
Sounds a lot but Christmas Day tea and Boxing Day meals are all buffet style so the leftovers will get used then.

MummyPig24 Wed 02-Dec-15 18:53:39

I'm going to do an ice cream Bombe thing like Jamie Oliver did one year and I think there's one on the Lidl advert this year. Basically a good vanilla ice cream mixed with fruits and nuts, might line the bowl with cake of some kind, freeze again and cover with chocolate sauce when brought to the table.

MummyPig24 Wed 02-Dec-15 18:54:43

My dad says he is bringing the Christmas pudding as he doesn't like candied peel so needs to find one without it.

popcornpaws Wed 02-Dec-15 19:06:34

Sticky ginger puddings with ginger ice cream sounds lovely!
I'm not sure what we're having yet, but will be watching this for inspiration!

Smellyoulateralligater Wed 02-Dec-15 19:10:58

I'm making chocolate mousse and sticky toffee pudding, with vanilla ice cream. I've also bought a Christmas pudding that no one will eat.

DamnCommandments Wed 02-Dec-15 19:13:57

Last year I made a (Nigella) icecream cake with butterscotch sauce. They all want the butterscotch sauce again, but apparently I have to think of something else to put with it!

Scarydinosaurs Wed 02-Dec-15 19:17:29

I love a mince meat tart! Like a giant mince pie!

But after all that rich food, sometimes just something light is nice?

msrisotto Wed 02-Dec-15 19:17:48

oooh I am ALL about dessert at Christmas grin
I'm planning on doing this Brownie fudge pie, Millionaire's chocolate tart, and oreo truffles. I make no secret that it's all about the chocolate for me grin

Banoffee pie is always a hit too, I just use the recipe on the side of the caramel condensed milk tin. It's literally just a butter-biscuit base, caramel condensed milk, banana and whipped cream.

StellaAlpina Wed 02-Dec-15 19:28:46

PIL are bringing with them a caramel flan and a chiffon cake from their local bakery. My parents will probably bring a panettone. I'll make sure there's wipped cream/custard and mince pies plus make a fruit salad.

You can never have too much pudding smile

msrisotto Wed 02-Dec-15 19:29:54

Oh, I quite fancy making Stollen too, never tried before.

Now I have to go find out wth Chiffon cake is!

OverAndAbove Wed 02-Dec-15 20:07:00

Sticky toffee pudding with custard, chocolate brownies with ice cream and lemon sorbet with raspberry sauce

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now