Talk

Advanced search

Please help this useless woman!

(8 Posts)
hesterton Tue 01-Dec-15 17:04:27

I am totally rubbish at gifts. I mean, really bad. It's not a lack of generosity, just a lack of confidence and imagination.

I have to buy presents which are around £10-£15 for a number of people who have what they need/are moving to smaller places/are already in small places. Discerning people with good taste in general. 8 of them. Mixed men and women. Adults from 30-88. Just don't know where to start.

Thank you in advance.

hufflebottom Tue 01-Dec-15 17:11:53

Wine? Chocs? Boring but not huge space takers.

Candles?

How close are they to you? Could you do photo frames and pictures?

traviata Tue 01-Dec-15 21:32:21

Books are generally good, if you have some idea what they like. There's a book for everyone, and most bookshops do exchanges now (I sometimes seal the receipt in an envelope to allow for exchanges).

What about excellent quality essentials - eg olive oil, wine, that sort of thing. Do you have a Carluccio's near you?

ElfontheShelfIsWATCHINGYOUTOO Tue 01-Dec-15 22:22:43

tk max, tk max, homesense ( home ware branch of tk max)

books, cushions, soap dish, soap, scarf, gloves, writing books ( lots of beautiful note books in tk max) pens, jewellery, photo frame, glasses ( wne, tublers) lolvey candles, room scents.

go to tk max. since I found that shop I have never ever left empty handed without a suitable gift.

NeverNic Tue 01-Dec-15 23:04:51

Would agree with Elf on this, particularly considering your budget. They also sell cookery books or toiletries which are good value and will do gift receipts if you ask.

Avebury Tue 01-Dec-15 23:05:16

Not on the High Street is a great place to browse for ideas - and firebox

hesterton Tue 01-Dec-15 23:18:07

Thanks all. I totally forgot about tk max and we have one nearby. I'll give it a go and look for the stuff suggested.
flowers

hesterton Wed 02-Dec-15 17:48:44

So I got books and scented candles and amazing rococo chocolate. Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now