Talk

Advanced search

Go Pro?

(10 Posts)
fishalive Tue 01-Dec-15 16:34:29

Are these any good for normal day to day use, ie other than for cycling/skiing/diving? We would possibly use it for these things but at the moment, with two small DC, it's more likely to be used to film them than anything too exciting.

Youareyou Tue 01-Dec-15 21:45:39

Use for riding on a bike. Or rides such as at Alton towers?

LittleMissGreen Tue 01-Dec-15 22:15:12

They don't have a view finder (or ours doesn't, maybe new ones do) so you can't see what you are filming. Fine mounted on a bike. Not great for grabbing footage of kids.

FadedRed Tue 01-Dec-15 22:18:22

Aldi. Thirty quid. Brilliant.

Bombaybunty Tue 01-Dec-15 22:18:32

My DS (13) has one. He's taken it on a school ski trip, he takes it cycling skate boarding etc.
He loves it. It's fixed onto his cycle helmet and he also has a strap to wear it over a coat.

fishalive Tue 01-Dec-15 22:23:46

Ahh didn't realise that re the viewfinder!!!

In my head I love the idea of one and that we are wonderfully active go-getting cool people who need such a thing.

In reality it was 5 years since our last dive, even longer than that for skiing and I haven't owned a bike for about the same amount of time...... All of which I would love to change in the coming 5 years but I guess time will tell.

OSETmum Tue 01-Dec-15 22:27:07

Dh and DS use theirs on their bikes and for skiing and dh has a quadcopter to take aerial footage but they don't use them for general use. Dh's is a 4 and has a screen at the back so you can see what you're filming but ds's is a 3 (it's an older model as it used to be dh's) and doesn't. I guess you could use it for everyday filming but there's better suited cameras out there...

fishalive Tue 01-Dec-15 22:33:20

Do you have any recommendations for another camcorder OSETmum

fishalive Tue 01-Dec-15 22:33:30

?

CointreauVersial Tue 01-Dec-15 23:30:52

The DDs make trampolining movies.

DS wears it while playing football, and has a watertight case so he swims with it.

Car journeys.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now