Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

£5-10 gift, 2 year old girl

(12 Posts)
Saukko Tue 01-Dec-15 14:58:52

Long story short, distant family, never met the child but gifts for the kids are exchanged each year. Something small, token, but still nice. I want to make the effort.

Any particularly nice picture books you've come across, or small but much-played with toys?

FireInTheDisco Tue 01-Dec-15 18:31:26

Amazon have a Paddington bear 8 book collection (presented as a little suitcase here

FireInTheDisco Tue 01-Dec-15 18:35:05

Posted too soon!

Meant to say I bought them as a gift earlier in the year and they were lovely.

Canofpeas Tue 01-Dec-15 18:44:08

Duplo train is one of my dd's favourites and under a tenner on amazon.
Books are tricky as you are likely to end up duplicating worth any popular titles (eh julia donaldson)

glentherednosedbattleostrich Tue 01-Dec-15 18:47:30

orchard toys game? The matching ones are usually suitable for 2 year olds.

www.orchardtoys.com/games

DeathMetalMum Tue 01-Dec-15 18:51:05

Orchard toy games definitely. Dd is 3 in March and has been playing a number of them for a while now. Shopping list, crazy chefs, Old McDonald lotto and some pink one about cakes all very much loved and played with regularly.

Misty9 Tue 01-Dec-15 23:09:42

Orchard games here too. My two (4 and 19 months) have been obsessed with incey wincey spider lately.

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Wed 02-Dec-15 00:28:27

Dear santa is nice and only £3 on Amazon leaving enough for small toy or item of clothing

MummyWeeble Wed 02-Dec-15 20:56:41

I like the look of the Paddington Books in a suitcase.

How about a Mr Potato Head?

d270r0 Wed 02-Dec-15 21:48:11

The books with sounds are great, all around £9 on amazon, lots of julia donaldson ones, the gruffalo etc. My 2 year ols loves them. And doesn't matter if you dupliate them as the sounds are a great addition. Also a really nice 'spot' book with sounds

Swirlingasong Wed 02-Dec-15 22:20:53

Nice wooden food set. You can get sets that you can 'cut', fruit, veg or cake. Big jigs do some, or Wilkinsons have some which are cheaper but still nice. My dd also adored soft rag dolls at that age. Just remembered that she also loved little bags and baskets that she could carry 'stuff' in.

jamtartandcustard Wed 02-Dec-15 22:32:14

I usually buy playdough for a 2 year old, always goes down well, but from what you've said I assume you will be posting? And that would be very expensive. I love the orchard games but 2 might be a little young. That age a short simple book - dear zoo (or dear Santa!) is good. Some that age would happily sit through the gruffalo (though my kids personally preferred monkey puzzle) but others will prefer the that's not my..... Books. Is she just 2 or nearer 3? Would make a difference.
Otherwise a little teaset would go down well and can be duplicated, can't have too many tea cups

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now