Talk

Advanced search

Advent calendars... Help!

(2 Posts)
RamblingRedRose Tue 01-Dec-15 13:18:19

I still haven't done the advent calendars! I need to do them now.

I live abroad so they are not easy to get hold of. We cannot use the regular ones as the kids have no self-control and just eat them all. last year I got the drawer ones and just put a sweetie in the drawer the night before. It worked well but they ripped the drawers so I can't reuse them.

My mum sent me some of them sew-your-own calendars with the pockets. These are perfect except she only sent me three and I have four kids. Why, mum, why??

I had an idea of making some draw-string bags and hanging them on the Christmas tree. Just one per child. This would be better as we don't really have much wall space to hang the cloth ones. I mentioned this to mum but she seemed slightly offended. Or I could try and cobble together another pocket one out of normal fabric and write numbers on or use a combination of the pocket ones for say two kids and drawstring bags for two.

Oh, does anyone have any ideas?

InMySpareTime Tue 01-Dec-15 13:33:05

If they have no self- control and eat them all, they won't have any left for the rest of Advent. Natural justice.
Can you mend the drawers on last year's?
You could just put a sweet in a small box each every morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now