Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for Xmas table centrepiece?

(7 Posts)
Twerking9to5 Tue 01-Dec-15 12:15:32

We're hosting this year and is love to make the table look a little bit special without splashing out too much. I'm not very crafty but happy to have a go at DIY if it's simple! Thinking gold spray painted pine cones for example...

Any ideas or things that have worked for you much appreciated!

TheHouseOnTheLane Wed 02-Dec-15 07:46:58

I find that a long glass tray or dish is good for centerpieces...I don't bother with that spongey stuff but simply lay a lot of natural stuff on the dish in a way that looks nice.

Holly, ferns, ivy, pine cones..and then a few glass balls in red or whatever colour you like. If you build the "Pile" of stuff up a bit in the middle and have trails of ivy at each end, it looks nice. You can also add a fat candle in the middle before you build the pile up and that looks lovely.

Trickydecision Wed 02-Dec-15 08:44:14

Similar ideas to Thehouse. I have an old oval mirror, glass only, and have often used that, with for example, a pile of that instant snow ( looks a bit like Polyfilla before you mix it) which you can get from Poundland or equivalent, with red candles and/or tealights fixed into it plus green bits and pieces/red or silver balls/anything which comes to hand. Very pretty with the reflections off the glass.

Asherella Wed 02-Dec-15 23:22:07

Last year I used different heights of candles in same colour clustered together. Got mine in IKEA. Very very simple but dramatic in its own way.

Year before I used a thick pillar candle on a gold charger with pine cones, star anise, cinnamon, dried orange slices with cloves. The table was rustic (hessian and gold) so it fitted well

Do you have a colour scheme or a particular look in mind?

OSETmum Wed 02-Dec-15 23:28:05

I've just done the "baubles in a vase" thing. It looks lovely and there's no extra cost as the baubles are spare and we already have the vase.

ChristmasEvePJs Thu 03-Dec-15 00:01:55

I dotted the table with mini versions of this in different sized jam jars last year. Lovely and twinkly but with plenty of space left for everything else needed on the table.

Twerking9to5 Thu 03-Dec-15 12:48:55

Thank you! I'm really liking the use of natural things like pine cones, ferns and ivy. Time for a woodland walk!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now