Talk

Advanced search

Christmassy family day out......?

(8 Posts)
sweetheart Mon 30-Nov-15 15:08:22

Looking to do something Christmassy as a family next Sunday with some friends of ours. What would you recommend as your fav thing to do? We're in the south but none of us are very keen on travelling into London at the moment. I've been to Winchester Christmas market before and just think it's far too busy and over priced. Children range in age from 16 - 6 so something that everyone will enjoy would be great.

serin Mon 30-Nov-15 15:51:45

I am in the North so have no clue about places local to you but we enjoy National trust type places which usually have festive things going on (feeding the deer?)

Is there anything going on at going on at Hampton Court Palace?

Sister in law lives near Windsor and that is always lovely around Christmas too.

serin Mon 30-Nov-15 15:53:47

www.windsoronice.com This any good?

LibidinousSwine Mon 30-Nov-15 15:55:12

Depends how hardy you are(!) You could pack up a bag with mince pies, Christmas cake and flasks of hot chocolate and go for a tramp round the countryside (I drag my family up a big hill, then the moaning is out the way early on)

Stop at a pub with a big open fire for lunch on the way home fgrin

MrsJayy Mon 30-Nov-15 15:57:00

Panto ? We are going to our local one at somepoint before christmas

fakenamefornow Mon 30-Nov-15 15:58:37

Ice skating?

JassyRadlett Mon 30-Nov-15 16:02:33

Polesden Lacey and Petworth always do lovely Christmas things.

thesnailandthewhale Mon 30-Nov-15 17:15:01

Local ski centre? Ours do those big inflatable tyres that the kids bump down the ski slope on - kids of all ages love it, adult get to sit and drink hot chocolate / wine, it has a Christmassy feeling about it and the kids are knackered quite quickly grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now