Talk

Advanced search

Photo Christmas carda

(11 Posts)
superbfairywren Mon 30-Nov-15 07:39:05

Can anyone recommend where to get some photo Christmas cards printed please?
I have the photos and have had a look on vistaprint, photobox, boots, snapfish, moonpig etc and I'm getting confused now!

Some of them are really expensive and I guess are meant to be for individual cards when I want 20 the same, with envelopes.

Some seem cheap enough but then after you've gone through and put your photos in and changed the text etc the price has then gone up.
Can anyone recommend a site they have used that wasn't too complicated?

I could design it myself and get them done at a local printer but I thought I would try to save myself the hassle.

sandgrown Mon 30-Nov-15 07:45:37

There were some on offer on money saving expert but can't remember which company .

superbfairywren Mon 30-Nov-15 08:30:20

It is a bit of a minefield, if I'd used a particular company before for printing I would just stick to them but this is the first time I'm doing it and am struggling to sort through them.

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Mon 30-Nov-15 08:42:38

Photobox are excellent, quick and good quality. 50% off today.

Vistaprint are the Ryanair of the photo sites. They tell you it will be 89p then after all the add-ons it ends up being a tenner. grin The quality is fine though, it's just that they are never as cheap as they appear to be.

Bonusprint is the MSE one I think. www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/free-photo-prints/#3for1cards

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Mon 30-Nov-15 08:46:32

See, I have an email offering 10 x £5.99 from Vistaprint, but it won't be that once you've added "extras" like, erm, envelopes!

www.vistaprint.co.uk/gallery/IFoAAAABAJ4AAAA=/christmas-cards.aspx?shopper_id=PI4TUIJM71F3SSWJK5VU0GUTK0UM7S5T&use_shopper_upload=true&shopper_upload_pf_id_list=243%2c244%2c246%2c247%2c248%2c302%2c303%2c249%2c250%2c255%2c256%2c300%2c301%2cA4U%2cA4V%2c389%2cAHV%2cA0Y%2cA14%2cA15&langid=2&couponAutoload=1&GP=11%2f30%2f2015+3%3a45%3a20+AM&GPS=3683781922&GNF=0

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Mon 30-Nov-15 08:52:01

OK, I just experimented....I did the Vistaprint, and you can get 10 for £5.99 by not accepting any extras....the cheapest postage is £4.79 with estimated delivery 14th December. Next cheapest delivery is £8.39!

APlaceOnTheCouch Mon 30-Nov-15 08:52:45

I've used Photobox a lot. You could have a Google for some discount codes.

Another option is to look up local printers' websites. I know quite a few of our local printers have a Christmas card section just like Photobox but sometimes cheaper

superbfairywren Mon 30-Nov-15 10:01:15

Thanks everyone, when DD goes for a nap I'm going to get my laptop out and try to battle through. Good suggestion trying a local printer, I had a friend who was a printer and he's always done all our stuff previously(not Christmas cards) but he's left the business now. I bet I could find someone local.
Problem is I really want to get them ordered today if I can and with a one year old everything seems to take twice as long! Am really pleased with the photos we got at the weekend though so want to make sure I make use of them.
I've used photobox for a photo book before and they were good, looked before the weekend though and thought it was too expensive, didn't think of them doing deals like everyone else over the weekend!

superbfairywren Mon 30-Nov-15 10:02:52

Am trying to steer clear of vistaprint, I detest having to pay extra for everything!

APlaceOnTheCouch Mon 30-Nov-15 14:22:50

tbh I'm not sure of the quality of vistaprint. I've only ever used them for business cards and they were a bit scrappy. Although maybe if I'd added lots of expensive extras (like a PP said) then the quality might have been fine grin

superbfairywren Mon 30-Nov-15 15:06:12

Have gone with photobox. I used a generic greeting card rather than a Christmas design and just changed the text myself, (the photos are obviously Christmassy) and it worked out a little cheaper. Also added a photo to the back and it wasn't any extra. It wasn't as cheap as I would have liked but next year will be more organised and try to sort it earlier. Just wanted to get them ordered so I can post them! Thank you for all your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now