Talk

Advanced search

Best fake tree

(6 Posts)
FestiveFeline Sun 29-Nov-15 20:44:20

After many years of having a real tree, we now have a DD who is on the verge of crawling and I don't want to risk her cutting her hands on legs on any fallen needles.

We want a tree that is around 5'5 or 6' and is quite sturdy with lots of branches. The cost isn't a massive problem, within reason, as we plan to use it for many many years to come. We have lots of decorations, so don't want one already or partially decorated or with fibre optic lights. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you. santa

MrsBertMacklin Sun 29-Nov-15 20:54:04

I saw a recommendation on here for Balsam Hill and have bought an unlit 5 footer from their 'realistic' range. Very pleased with it.

Apparently used by TV production companies.

IdaShaggim Mon 30-Nov-15 14:40:47

Another fan of Balsam Hill, I have a prelit 7 footer and love it.

MrsBertMacklin Mon 30-Nov-15 15:28:43

They have a 50% sale on until tomorrow.

BennyPoo Wed 02-Dec-15 23:39:47

I've bought two from Balsam Hill, both pre-lit. Bought on offer, -the main one if 7' and was not cheap even though on Black Friday offer. Since then have searched for a smaller one for the other room at various online stores, but despite finding some cheaper ones I decided to go back and buy from Balsam Hill again. Their quality seems to be top class.

SnowBodyforrrrm Thu 03-Dec-15 09:12:44

I've always been a real tree girl but decided to go for an artificial this year. I ordered a prelit Vermont White spruce from balsam hills realistic range. I then went back and ordered a flat back prelit tree for the kids toy room, I think it was the Chelsea one! Would highly recommend their trees particularly the ones from the realistic range.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now