Talk

Advanced search

outside/gardeny present for my dad

(9 Posts)
delilabell Sun 29-Nov-15 19:47:00

Wondered if anyone could help.
My Dad is disabled and in poor physical health. He loves his garden and does as much as possible I'm it. It is his sanctuary. He often goes and sits outside in the afternoon/evening for a bit. Does anyone have any idea what kind of present I could get him for this. I have about £20/25 left to spend on him.
I don't know what kind of thing I was thinking of. Something snuggly but he's got hats and would hate a blanket. Something comfy while he's put there? I don't know!

Leeds2 Sun 29-Nov-15 20:01:12

Not snuggly, but how about a bird bath, or a bird table. Lovely to watch once the birds know they are there.

Or a hedgehog house.

Could get hand warmers if he is sitting outside in colder weather.

TheSpottedZebra Sun 29-Nov-15 20:04:10

Yy, something birdy, or a hedgehog house would be ace.
Or a series of bee, insect habitats?

Does he still garden? I saw a long-handled trowel that looked really nifty and useful. I want one for my arthritic mum, and one for me.

What does he drink outside? If tea, does he have an insulated mug?

SugarPlumTree Sun 29-Nov-15 20:06:10

Does he like wildlife ? Home bargains if you're near one has bee and butterfly boxes for about £4, maybe a bird feeder if he hasn't got one. A travel mug to keep tea/coffee warm so he doesn't need to go back inside to make one. Nice out door lantern/ battery lights maybe ?

Garden journal or gardening magazine subscription (Tesco club card for the latter) Wolfgarten tools with long handle so minimum bending.

SugarPlumTree Sun 29-Nov-15 20:06:32

I took so long to think everyone else got there first, sorry !

TheSpottedZebra Sun 29-Nov-15 20:07:27

Great minds, hey? grin

SecretBondGirl Sun 29-Nov-15 20:36:51

One of those heated wheat bags which you put in the microwave to keep him warm when he's outside www.amazon.co.uk/Warmer-Bundle-Britain-Microwavable-Warmers/dp/B015Q5ATZY/ref=sr_1_37?ie=UTF8&qid=1448829267&sr=8-37&keywords=Heated+wheat+bags

SecretBondGirl Sun 29-Nov-15 20:39:53

And you still have enough for this Kew Gardens insulated mug www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Tops-Botanic-Gardens-Kew-Treasure/dp/B00I9YZCKM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1448829479&sr=8-4&keywords=China+travel+mug

wyldstile Sun 29-Nov-15 21:24:55

A firepit would be good, but I'm not sure if you'd get one for your budget.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now