Talk

Advanced search

Nice, large, knitted stockings! Can't find them anywhere.

(13 Posts)
DeirdreDoo Sun 29-Nov-15 18:16:56

Has anyone seen any really nice, pretty or just plain knitted stockings?

I'm hoping to find one or two that are properly stretchy and will go lumpy when I put things in them, if you know what I mean smile

We had some of my Dad's old ski socks when we were little but I think my Mum has thrown them out sad

I've been searching online and there's nothing (the ones on Amazon are Ok but the colours are apparently darker and gloomier than the images, and they don't look 'proper')

If anyone has seen any really nice ones, I'd be so grateful for a heads up.

Thank you!

MrsJamesFraser Sun 29-Nov-15 18:18:05

I think Matalan are doing knitted stockings, possibly with initials on them. Worth having a look on their website!

DeirdreDoo Sun 29-Nov-15 18:18:08

Btw if I could knit I would make some, but I have forgotten how and can no longer understand the patterns...plus fairisle or similar would probably take me another year!

Anything fairisle in particular would be perfect.

DeirdreDoo Sun 29-Nov-15 18:19:02

Ooh thank you! I will have a look.

I'd even pay someone to make some but I don't know anyone who can knit.

MrsJamesFraser Sun 29-Nov-15 18:25:21

www.matalan.co.uk/events/christmas/christmas-trees-anddecorations/stockings-and-sacks/s2609406/christmas-knitted-stocking--23cm-x-70cm

This the kind of thing you're after?

Luxyelectro Sun 29-Nov-15 18:26:58

Look on etsy?
I can knit them, quite easy but no time. Sorry!

DeirdreDoo Sun 29-Nov-15 19:12:47

Yes, they look quite nice - I might have a look next time we are driving into town. Thank you for the link!

I found some on Etsy but the ones I really like are £85 each...which is understandable...they must take a while.

I can only do basic knitting but would love to be able to do fair isle patterns...reindeer, trees and so on...and also I can't use circular needles so they might be a bit crap blush

Icklepickle101 Sun 29-Nov-15 20:18:54

I've just got some from lidl, filled with items from the shop to make sure they stretched nicely & they do!!

Can't link as I'm on my phone but they were about £4 and had a few designs

Icklepickle101 Sun 29-Nov-15 20:23:40

I didn't mean lidl I meant aldi!!

SpockSmashesScissors Sun 29-Nov-15 20:39:19

They have them in poundland for £1. here

shutupandshop Sun 29-Nov-15 20:40:08

Kath kidston outlet has some

rocket74 Sun 29-Nov-15 20:51:23

The white company had some lovely ones but they are expensive! Chunky cable knit red and white woolly ones

Pranmasghost Sun 29-Nov-15 22:01:09

The Matalan ones are great I took some to my family in Turkey, such good quality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now