Talk

Advanced search

Games that make losing fun

(10 Posts)
reni2 Sun 29-Nov-15 13:08:49

There is a time to learn to lose, Christmas day is not it. I'd like something that collapses or explodes, like Jenga but more rip roaringly funny, so the loser kind of gets the fun part. Looking to entertain 4-8 year olds, at least six of them, maybe with a couple of adult taking part if needed.

Our family is international, most of the children speak two languages well enough to communicate, but none can read and write both, so word games are out.

LBOCS2 Sun 29-Nov-15 13:39:28

Something like Buckaroo? Operation? The weird one which keeps getting advertised on kids channels - pie face?

Sadik Sun 29-Nov-15 13:45:47

Twister?

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Sun 29-Nov-15 13:48:25

Gooey louie

Hurr1cane Sun 29-Nov-15 13:49:04

Boom boom balloon

Mr funny face

Buckaroo

Kaplunk

reni2 Sun 29-Nov-15 13:52:16

Buckaroo looks fun. Pie face has been vetoed by the hosts (my parents), 6 kids and a wet sponge or -worse - cream... they worry about having to redecorate when we're all gone.

I wondered about twister, it looks fun, but having never played it myself (foreign) does it work for 4/5 year olds?

reni2 Sun 29-Nov-15 13:53:28

Gooey louie shock! I think that must have been designed by my kids, bleurgh!

Larrytheleprechaun Sun 29-Nov-15 14:16:38

Pie in the face! Or the cheaper version which seems to be called Splat!

Misty9 Sun 29-Nov-15 15:09:39

Pop up pirate
Jenga, or giant version
Mouse trap
Operation

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Sun 29-Nov-15 19:28:47

My dds are 7 and 3 favourite games here (despite sometimes loosing) are

Hungry hippos
The magic tooth fairy game
What am I? (We play it either taking turns thinking of something in your head or a picture on a post it stuck to head) think u can buy them now though not sure what its called.

Dd has asked for pig goes pop, bugs in the kitchen, shh don't wake dad and operation.

However with those ages and at least 6 I would go more down party games route.
Pinata
Pin tail on donkey or Christmas themed variations
Doughnut game (have to eat without licking lips)
Treasure hunt
Silly relay races
Whats the time mr wolf
Duck duck goose
Pass the parcel

Loads more ideas online, could put them all written down on folded bits of paper and get them to pull out a game each.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now