Talk

Advanced search

Kiddizoom Active Cam or Smart watch for 6 year old boy?

(10 Posts)
IHeartKingThistle Sat 28-Nov-15 01:58:01

He's seen both (in a catalogue!) and I'm sure would like either. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

IHeartKingThistle Sat 28-Nov-15 01:58:30

Wait, I mean Action Cam!

plipplops Sat 28-Nov-15 07:37:46

We had an older style Kiddizoom camera and it was rubbish - terrible quality pictures and hard to delete old shots (it's hard when you compare that kind of thing to a smartphone though). They really liked the bit where you can put a background (or a hat or something) on first and take someone's picture in it though, it was just me and DH who thought it was a load of crap, especially for £40 or so.

Gave DD an old digital camera a few years ago which was much easier to operate, gave better pics (as it had automatic zoom) and was easier to manage the memory.

No idea what a Smart Watch is though so can't help there, sorry that's not very useful is it?

NicoleWatterson Sat 28-Nov-15 07:40:53

We've got a kiddi zoom and the pictures are rubbish too. I'd been toying with a cheap adult digital this year for my 6 year old for that reason.
Not sure on the watches though, I've seen them advertised but that's it

OSETmum Sat 28-Nov-15 21:23:06

DS (6) has the watch and does enjoy it but it's a bit of a novelty rather than something he wears all the time. I think the action can is like a kids' GoPro? DS has a GoPro which he uses a lot but I'm not sure how the video quality compares.

SummerNights1986 Sun 29-Nov-15 00:26:07

Another bad review of the Kidizoom here - we got it when ds1 was 3. He was already able to take photos with an I phone and a proper digital camera and was completely unimpressed by the Kidizoom (as was I...terrible photos).

For the price on it, I would really consider getting a 'proper' cheap digital camera for a 6 year old, or even a phone, just to use the camera only. My sisters phone was about £40 from Argos and takes amazing pictures, seriously as good as my iPhone (which are pretty decent quality).

SummerNights1986 Sun 29-Nov-15 00:27:56

Sorry op, someone else mentioned a 6 year old I see!

How old is your dc? No, actually I don't think it matters really...I've seen two year olds taking pictures on phones quite competently! I think kids cameras for £££ are a thing of the past now when you can get the real deal for the same price.

IHeartKingThistle Sun 29-Nov-15 01:14:05

Thanks for responses. Yes we had a normal Kiddizoom for DD and thought it was pants, but they both loved the games and photoshop stuff.

DS likes to take videos but also likes games and I want to hold him off actual video games for a while. He's 6. The Active cam does have good reviews but I'm guessing the resolution is still awful.

Hmmmm...

mammmamia Sun 29-Nov-15 10:45:09

Having same dilemma OP but am also leaning towards adult digital camera.

IHeartKingThistle Sun 29-Nov-15 15:25:25

DD has a Nikon Coolpix which is awesome and also takes pictures underwater.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now