Talk

Advanced search

Cheap "dad" present suggestions for <£1.50

(17 Posts)
plipplops Fri 27-Nov-15 16:07:26

We run a thing at the school Christmas Fair where children can come in a Secret Santa room, and for £2.50 choose a present for their parents which we help them wrap and label as a surprise present for their parents on Christmas Day. Last year we just bought a load of stuff from pound shops which was fine but I could do with some new inspiration for this year!

So...things that cost less than £1.50 but which you'd be ok with spending £2.50 on as a gift from your child?

Impatientwino Fri 27-Nov-15 18:10:00

Home bargains had LED small torches for £1 in black and also silver which I've bought for camping etc and they're good and sturdy.

Pound shops usually have Toblerones / Chocolate Oranges etc. all of which my dp would be v happy with!

ChopinLitz Fri 27-Nov-15 18:32:18

Stationery-pens, notebooks.

Little picture frames

Travel size toiletries

Old fashioned pint glass

moocowmrs Fri 27-Nov-15 19:23:33

Snap op I feel your pain ! I am on the same mission have done the women, it's the blokes I am struggling with have got some mugs and coffee sachets to go together and some hankies ! Looking for cheap socks will report back after mission tomorrow !

SavoyCabbage Fri 27-Nov-15 19:26:08

Our school has a Father's Day stall. It's awash with

Bottle openers
Piggy banks
Torches
Screwdriver sets
Teddy bears
Pint mugs
Magnetic photo frames

LongHardStare Fri 27-Nov-15 19:33:22

Bit mean to put more than a 60% mark up when the kids are trying to get something nice for such a small budget anyway!

Cocolepew Fri 27-Nov-15 19:40:17

There are best dad sicks in asda for £1.50.

Cocolepew Fri 27-Nov-15 19:41:03

Socks not dicks

Cocolepew Fri 27-Nov-15 19:41:19

Oh ffs.

moocowmrs Fri 27-Nov-15 19:42:45

We have to be able to add 50 % but the top price is a£2 so makes buying stuff tricky x

traviata Fri 27-Nov-15 19:49:18

packets of seeds and bulbs
egg cups
tea towel
clothes brush
shoe polishing kit (assembled from poundshop if necessary)
scarf
glasses case
cycle lights

WicksEnd Fri 27-Nov-15 20:08:57

Loving the idea of a best dad dick Coco grin

atticusclaw2 Fri 27-Nov-15 20:13:19

I have to agree with longhardstare

Covering your costs with something like that is fine but it is a bit mean to put a mark up on it (and a 60 percent mark up at that).

ChopinLitz Fri 27-Nov-15 20:34:21

gringringrinat cocolepew

secondhoneymoon Fri 27-Nov-15 21:06:42

It's a school fair. The profits will go to the school. The kids get to enjoy the atmosphere and excitement that goes with the school fair. They are not being ripped off by people making money for themselves. Rant over.

You can usually get Christmas socks and musical Christmas ties from pound shops

ArthurChristmas Fri 27-Nov-15 21:28:46

At our school the parents secret Santa is made up of donated presents and gifts, lots of books, toiletries, photo frames. We charge £1.50, it's pure profit and you get either a fabulous present that just wasn't to someone's taste or something very quirky............the year we listened to ACDC over Christmas dinner still stays with us 😃

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now