Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone find me a "safe" in the shape of a pineapple?

(17 Posts)
SoupDragon Fri 27-Nov-15 10:27:51

Yes, it's a bizarre request.

On an episode of Sam and Cat on Nickleodeon, they hid their money in the fruit bowl inside a fake pineapple that unscrewed. You know, like the fake baked bean cans. DS (14) declared that he would love one.

I can find plastic pineapples, I can find pineapple boxes, I can not find one that both looks like a pineapple and is a box. I can find pineapple trinket boxes, I can find pineapple ice buckets but no pineapple safes.

I do already have a kitsch lime green pineapple box I bought him before he requested this seemingly non existent one but I would love to find one.

I suspect it was made for the programme or only available in the U.S. but it's always worth asking MN grin

QforCucumber Fri 27-Nov-15 10:30:42

at a guess I'd say this is what you're after - but it's US website and out of stock, but it exists grin

www.tikis360.com/product/KC70305/HAWAII-GIFT-HAWAII-GIFTS---Hawaii-Shopping---Hawaii-Gift-Decor---Tiki-Gift-Decor---Hot-Deals-and-Specials-of-the-Month.html

SoWhite Fri 27-Nov-15 10:34:29

This is the best I've come across:

www.paperchase.co.uk/jungle-fever-money-box.html

GreenSand Fri 27-Nov-15 10:42:43

from the US or white then paint

SoupDragon Fri 27-Nov-15 10:45:15

Thank you for your efforts - Close but no, um... Banana.

It was realistically fake and the top unscrewed. I suspect that, as Google is throwing up nothing similar, it doesn't exist.

FauxFox Fri 27-Nov-15 10:45:26

This shop.balticmill.com/collections/home-accessories/products/pineapple-storage-jar?

SoupDragon Fri 27-Nov-15 10:46:15

The things I try to get others to do for my child...

SoupDragon Fri 27-Nov-15 10:46:44

fauxfox I think that's the one I already have in lime green smile

And which he will have to make do with!

dickyduckydido Fri 27-Nov-15 10:48:30

THIS?

www.thehunt.com/the-hunt/pAAAc8-pineapple-safe

SoWhite Fri 27-Nov-15 10:48:08

I'd buy him the white one and get him a paint set too!

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Fri 27-Nov-15 11:24:14

Looking at dicky's link someone's already tried to search for this exactly thing and come up with the same link as cucumber and it does look like a cookie jar in the pic.
This might be an ice bucket, but it will have the compartment inside for him to store things
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-retro-Style-Pineapple-Ice-Bucket-with-Glass-jar-Liner-BRAND-NEW-/121816369435.

InternationalHouseofToast Fri 27-Nov-15 11:29:46

Was going to suggest the ice bucket that Naught has already found. My gran had one 30 odd years ago. The lid stays on tight.

SoupDragon Fri 27-Nov-15 12:10:33

I do love the way MNers rise to a challenge smile

I think the ice bucket is my fallback option" - one of the replicas, not eh £60 original ones shock I love him, but not £60 of plastic pineapple's worth!

Thanks everyone.

EmilyPunkhurst Fri 27-Nov-15 14:10:32

Can you convince him that all pineapples are tinned

grin

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Fri 27-Nov-15 15:54:49

That's why I linked the £24 one because the price of some of them shock I was like £50-60 for something fun.

SoupDragon Fri 27-Nov-15 16:00:16

LOL @ the tinned version.

I might get that as a joke although I do think it's the shape of the pineapple he is fond of. I have no idea why!

DoveOfPeace Mon 30-Nov-15 15:37:51

I love him, but not £60 of plastic pineapple's worth!

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now