Talk

Advanced search

No idea what to get DD1 (7) or DD2 (4) for Xmas

(11 Posts)
SexNamesRFab Thu 26-Nov-15 22:41:53

Usually, by this time of year I am in full swing - but I just can't work out what to do this time. Plus I'm working full time, so don't casually mooch around shops anymore.

DD1 is crafty. She doesn't really play with toys but she loves to make stuff. I asked her what she wanted and she basically wrote a list of what's in the Argos catalogue.

DD2 likes little collectables (ponies, shelich figures). Her list includes a Christmas train (she has a brio set but I can't find anything Christmassy for it), an angel set (in which the Angels fly) and a Santa trap.

I despair. Please help.

Pobspits Thu 26-Nov-15 22:45:18

My dd is in the middle of those ages at 5. She's getting

Flicker scooter
Shopkins
Polly pocket
Barbie Dreamhouse
Mog
Mosaic sets
A santa trap would be easy - you can photoshop online videos to make it look like santas in your living room.
You can get flying tinkerbell etc?

PresidentUnderwood Thu 26-Nov-15 22:54:07

Would DD2 be interested in a Melissa and Doug castle? TK Maxx has pink ones which are v good got imaginative play with ponies, animals, frozen dolls - you name it.

Trains, ooh I luffs trains. Bigjigs is interchangeable with brio and doesn't stick like the shit IKEA tracks

Bigjigs Rail Christmas Train www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZI46JCG/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_dY4vwbTRS2KVS

Bigjigs Rail Candy Crane www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZI46DQ8/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_XY4vwbKHC3K1D

Bigjigs Rail Santa Sleigh with Reindeer www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZI4I8J8/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_oZ4vwb82Q1JCE

For DD1 have you considered something like a craft Table. Saw one advertised somewhere unhelpful but good light, access to drawers, plenty of adhesives, storage and with protective cover could be something she and DD2 use for years?

WhenTheDragonsCame Thu 26-Nov-15 22:56:41

My youngest are 7 and 5.

DD2 (7) is getting a bike as her main present as the one she has is far too small.

DD3 (5) really wanted a lullaby (cot mobile) so I have got her one and a set of dolls bunk beds that I picked up second hand that she can attach it to.

LittleReindeerwithcloggson Thu 26-Nov-15 23:21:02

Some of the presents my DD 7 has asked for
Stretchkins
Don't wake dad
Playmobil vet
Sprayza pen set
Doh vinci
Choc lolly maker
Candle making kit
Sewing machine
Clever keet

BicycleGasoline Fri 27-Nov-15 14:13:53

My dd is 4, she will be getting

Baby Annabell bath time doll
A couple of Lottie dolls + horse
Some Playmobil bits - playground, swan princess boat
An elsa Barbie type doll
Some binoculars (real ones)
Probably some Lego
A pram for baby A (from grandparents)
Then some craft sets inc play dough.
She's also sharing a set of playmags with her brothers.

The best present she had for her 4th birthday was a set of drawers (I think from WH Smith) which I filled with different types of paper, pens and envelopes. She and her brothers have used it every day.

notasausage Fri 27-Nov-15 21:30:41

DD(7) is getting
Password Journal 9
Screwball Scramble
Hula hoop
Nerf bow
Bopit
Juggling balls
Aquarellum
Furbie
Fluttershy fairy
Adictaball large puzzle
Sony music player and speakers from grandparents
She also just got roller boots for her birthday plus a bike and little live pets

DD (4) is getting

Octonauts octopod and peso X-ray viewer
Squigs benders
Hungry hippos game
Fluttershy fairy
Letter fishing game
Anna dress
Nerf small guns (against my better judgement!)
And some other stuff I can't remember grin

Parietal Fri 27-Nov-15 21:53:48

mine are the same ages and I'm also stuck for ideas

DD7 wants a hamster and will probably get it (after christmas).
also books / craft things / playmobil / lego

DD4 doesn't seem to want anything, so she will get playmobil / lego and other general toys. but I still need ideas for a 'big present'

MummyPig24 Sat 28-Nov-15 06:26:04

Dd is 5 and we have got her a maxi micro scooter.
Ds1 has got her a doh Vinci set.
Ds2 has got her sweets.
In laws are getting her Blublu the baby dolphin (godawful thing but she's been going on about it for ages!)
Dad got her the new Cinderella dress.

Santa sack:
Frozen calendar
Frozen plasters
Selection box
Playmobil blind bag
Nail polish
Bubble bath
Flannel
Book
Matilda DVD
Felt tips
Notebook

I can't remember what else!

rubybambini Sun 29-Nov-15 22:14:32

I'm just weighing up whether to go for a Playmobil Mansion or a Hape All Season House for our 4.6yr DD's main present. (Any advice...?)

And then she's getting a double-sided globe jigsaw, Jelly bean dispenser (doubles as a money box), various books including a Willy Wonka book (lovely gold cover with Roald Dahl illustrations), a giant silver chocolate coin, scented felt tips, Science Museum alien putty, some paper straws, a paper kaleidoscope and some crafty things (TIGER), new PJs, some gingerbread and a Chinese fortune cat (the ones that wave).

From family members, she's getting a cuckoo clock (Muji version), a indoor / outdoor den set and a see-through dome umbrella.

Hope there's something to inspire you in there.

SexNamesRFab Sun 29-Nov-15 22:18:15

Thanks, I have finally started.

DD1 now has roller skates, chocolate pen & a selection of robo aquatic life.

DD2 has tinker bell figurines and a rainbows uniform. I'm now looking for a tiny fairy castles for her... Any ideas on these?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now