Talk

Advanced search

Whose Cranberry sauce recipe do you use?

(5 Posts)
FabFlo Thu 26-Nov-15 18:57:20

Tempted by Delia's because she uses port - and I do like alcohol in my Christmas food.

Nigellas orange one looks.nice as well.

Jamie uses cinnamon which I.don't really like.

How do you make yours?

ArtfulPuss Thu 26-Nov-15 19:11:08

I don't actually like cranberry sauce but everyone else does so I do the one from Nigella's Christmas book. Primarily because it's a good excuse to have a swig of cherry brandy while I'm making it.

NarcyCow Thu 26-Nov-15 21:44:55

I made the Persian spiced one from Good Food magazine this year, with mixed spice, orange zest and pomegranate molasses. I roasted the cranberries though, as per a recipe from the Guardian advent calendar a couple of years ago, because I happened to have the oven on and it was easier. It's lovely!

jingscrivvens Fri 27-Nov-15 11:04:42

I use Delia's because that's the recipe my Mum uses so reminds me of home. I tend to use whatever booze I have lying about usually Armangnac or Brandy and always turns out well.

Still had some left over in the freezer that I used with a roast chicken last weekend and DS sat and ate it with a spoon!

wonkylegs Fri 27-Nov-15 11:13:37

I've never used a recipe - cranberries, sugar, water and a glug of port always works rather well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now