Talk

Advanced search

Christmas hamper for my Mum?

(5 Posts)
ifonly4 Thu 26-Nov-15 14:34:16

Whenever I've mentioned in the past we've received an Xmas hamper DM has never seemed that interested. However, I know she's been very conscious about money this year, so just wondered if a hamper of treats/practical foods might go down better. What do you think?

She's asked for a Boots voucher to buy general toiletries as and when, as it's near her bus stop, so we'll give her that as well and something from DC.

PresidentUnderwood Thu 26-Nov-15 16:21:04

M&S do a nice hamper box for £30 that has cake, biscuits, jam, tea, tin of ham etc. I think it's good value and buy it for my elderly uncle in law as he's by himself and wouldn't get any nice bits in otherwise.

WotNoLoobrush Thu 26-Nov-15 16:32:15

Amazon have got lots too.

LizzieMacQueen Thu 26-Nov-15 17:10:46

That's what I plan for my MIL this year as she has everything. It will be a DIY put together affair with several mini bottles of wine and some gluten free snacks. I'll add mini hand creams and a house plant too.

She'll have eaten all that by the time her birthday comes round so I will just repeat (and she'll probably have killed the house plant by then too).

ifonly4 Fri 27-Nov-15 10:00:02

Thanks for your replies and suggestions. Although, an M&S hamper sounds great (I'd love that), I think I'll be doing a personalised one with bits an pieces I know she'll like or use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now