Talk

Advanced search

help needed- a year of dates

(7 Posts)
T2710 Wed 25-Nov-15 15:33:30

oh is difficult to buy for so have decided to package him up a year of dates for us to go on. The idea is he will open one each month and we'll do it. But random but he likes stuff like that.
I've come up with the following cheap date ideas and want to package up an object small and cheap to go in the package. Can anyone think of anything i could wrap? I've thought of some things (in Brackets) but they aren't v exciting. Thanks in advance.

Date idea (not in date order)
1-Camping trip
2-cinema £10 (voucher)
3-prosecco picnic and walk (mini prosecco)
4-crazy golf -lost world £9 (ball)
5-bowling (voucher)
6-museum and planetarium,
7-pub quiz
8- food crawl- starter, main dessert all at different places
9-hire bikes - bike ride (mini bike)
10-tennis (ball)
11-comedy club (voucher?)
12- stroll on the beach with fish and chips

BlueChampagne Wed 25-Nov-15 16:03:19

1 - a tent peg
6 - - I'm sure both museum & planetarium will have online shops with suitable stocking fillers. Eg Natural History museum - dinosaur key ring?
7 - beer mat? Good pub guide?
8 - pack of paper napkins? Tupperware for doggy bag?
12 - Burton's Fish 'n' Chips Salt & Vinegar Baked Snack Biscuits. Get two; they're tasty!

Hope that helps - sounds like fun.

cravingcake Wed 25-Nov-15 16:39:42

1 - torch or emergency raincoat
2 - popcorn or voucher inside paper popcorn bag
5 - novelty socks
8 - 3 dinner plates/bowls with names of restaurant on them (either painted on ceramic or written in pen on plastic/disposable)
11 - jumping false teeth or whoopee cushion
12 - little jar of sand with crisps

This sounds like a brilliant idea and I may end up doing a version myself.

T2710 Wed 25-Nov-15 19:08:41

Thanks so much for your brilliant ideas! X

janaus Wed 25-Nov-15 20:46:36

I love this idea.

Might try it myself. I will pick 6 date night / day events, and get hubby to also pick 6. Add them to a jar. Our gift to each other for a whole year.

Can include stay at home movie nights. Picnic. Bowling. Doesn't have to be expensive things. Can't wait.

janaus Thu 26-Nov-15 00:22:47

Ohhh look on Pinterest, heaps of ideas too.

A lot of them suggest writing a Date thing, on an 'icy pole' stick and putting them in a Mason Jar, to pick one out for each Date.

I am going to put my 6 Date ideas, in a sealed envelope. I will buy a Movie Voucher from the movies, make a home made Movie themed Date night, Picnic, maybe a Mystery Date ., or something like, visit the Place where we got Engaged (1975) lets see if his memory is that good.... or a favourite restaurant we used to go to when we were actually dating ... will have to check if it is still around.

Then I will put 6 unsealed envelopes for DH, to add his dates.

And put them all in a special box.

I am looking for a Poem to go with it

janaus Thu 26-Nov-15 00:56:56

Heres a good idea of how to set one up

www.somewhatsimple.com/fun-date-night-ideas/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now