Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does your 10yo girl like pop music? If so, please help!

(5 Posts)
AChickenCalledKorma Tue 24-Nov-15 21:51:04

DD2 loves her pop music and I want to point her grandparents to a compilation CD that she will enjoy. (She doesn't have an iPod/MP3 player, although I accept that might be another idea!!)

So we are looking for:
Clean lyrics
Up to date.
Plenty of Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran, Olly Murs, Meghan Traynor and anything else a 10yo girl loves.
At least 20 songs, so I don't have to listen to the same one over and over again ...

I know there's loads on Amazon, but I don't share her taste in music, so although I can spot some of the tracks she likes, I have no way of judging whether the whole of a compilation (with lots of tracks I've never heard of) is going to be good or not!

Mamastinks Tue 24-Nov-15 22:48:40

I have bought my (soon to be) 9 year old Now that's what I call pop CD. she like all the artists you mentioned above and she mentioned liking that CD after reading the back when we were shopping. I think I have got her another one too but I cant remember off the top of my head.

Loolah Tue 24-Nov-15 23:24:13

Now 92 has just come out. It will have all the latest pop tunes on from the past couple of months

AChickenCalledKorma Wed 25-Nov-15 16:04:17

Are the Now albums clean (i.e. radio edits)?

I am the proud owner of Now That's What I Call Music 2, which notable for the fact that it contained Relax, which you couldn't hear on the radio grin. Can't seem to find any info online about the current versions and I've had my fingers burned before, buying a CD that turned out to be very much not a radio edit!

OSETmum Wed 25-Nov-15 19:33:14

Yeah the Now... Albums will be fine. Or Pop Party whatever they're up to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now