Talk

Advanced search

Present ideas for DP

(6 Posts)
Tobleronester Tue 24-Nov-15 13:24:13

Really struggling for ideas for a present for DP. He can be quite picky and difficult.

He's big into sports and racing and likes sports biographies but I'm not sure which ones he already has. He does play football but I don't think I'd trust myself to pick out the right boots for him.

He enjoys cooking but doesn't have a lot of time for it as he works away a lot. He's not really a tea or coffee lover so any sorts of sets like that would be a waste. We don't live together but he doesn't particularily need anything for the house.

He's not big into clothes or his appearance, tends to just wear the same stuff until they need replacing. He's not interested in music so concert tickets would also be a no go.

I'm hoping someone will come up with a genius idea for something great.

Thanks smile

SquadGoals Tue 24-Nov-15 16:38:33

A couple of years ago, I bought my DBro a personalised boot bag from notonthehighstreet for Christmas. That went down really well and is still used today.

Tobleronester Wed 25-Nov-15 18:40:37

Thanks, might be an idea smile

Specialsnowflake1 Wed 25-Nov-15 19:35:07

I have for my DP so far.

1/2 a bed (we just bought a new one and it was to expensive so its counting as part to xmas)
Football boots (he's hinted at the ones he wants to buy himself in Jan)
Whisky
Jumper
DVD's

araminem Wed 25-Nov-15 20:02:21

What about a spicery pack? Either a recipe kit or a monthly subscription. THen he can use the pack when he has time to cook but the packs don't go bad that quickly.

janaus Wed 25-Nov-15 20:38:07

I have done this before for a child, might do one for DH

A movie themed gift.
A gift bag. A favourite DVD, or 2 - one of those where there are a few diff movies in one DVD case. A pkt of microwave popcorn. Those popcorn packs like you get at movies, from a dollar type shop. Favourite lollie, choc.
Print up a fake movie ticket. One of those fun straws. A note from you funny, sexy, etc. , any other movie themed ideas you can think of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now