Talk

Advanced search

Board games (sorry, another thread!) for kids aged 3.5 and 6

(13 Posts)
EmGee Tue 24-Nov-15 09:28:20

Have been perusing the other board game threads and have put Frustration in my Amazon basket. Does anyone have any recommendations for younger kids? My DDs are 3.5 and 6.

Games they enjoy at the moment are:
Disney Princess dominoes
Disney Princess jewel game (they are princess mad!)
Orchard Toys Cupcake, Ladybird, Shopping list (have got Party Party Party as a stocking gift)
Memory games
Haba's The Orchard

We also have various other games e.g. snakes and ladders (no good for the youngest; she loses patience), Ludo, Charades for Kids which we haven't played with that much. The eldest has played Uno with her older cousins.

Thanks in advance for any ideas smile

flustercuck Tue 24-Nov-15 09:29:43

I've got Pieface for my DD, can't wait to play it grin

LittleReindeerwithcloggson Tue 24-Nov-15 09:39:37

Tummy ache
Tell the time

Macaronipony Tue 24-Nov-15 09:45:03

My first Carcassonne is very popular here and really simple to play. Also doesn't take ages to play (unlike frustration, which I thought was a great idea to buy last year but drives me and DH up the wall!)

Anjelika Tue 24-Nov-15 10:05:57

Monopoly Junior? My 5 year old DTs love this and my older DS plays it with them too. Much shorter and simpler to play than the adult version. The Orchard Toys Scaredy Cat game is popular in our house too. Also, one game that I've never seen mentioned on here which is one of our faves is Don't Wake the Dad. What I like about this one is that no-one can streak ahead and win - you can be losing by a mile but on the next turn actually win the game.

BetterTogether Tue 24-Nov-15 10:09:47

My DC are getting Hedbanz (they played it at a friend's and loved it) and Jenga, as well as Frustration that you've already mentioned.
I also really want to buy Cluedo but I will have to wait a few years before I can say that's for them!!! grin

SunnySomer Tue 24-Nov-15 10:10:08

Shut the Box. Your 3yo may need the rules bending slightly to begin with as it's a numbers/dice one, but good fun

vikjul Tue 24-Nov-15 10:15:34

Haba's Animal upon Animal is a very nice dexterity game with wonderful components, fun for kids and adults! (Good for 5 or 6 and up I would say, probably on the difficult side for a 3,5yo).

I have heard lots of good things about Catan Junior, and would have bought it if my kids had been a few years younger (they are 7 and 10).

Perhaps look at some of the younger Gamewright card games? I am not familiar with some of their new titles, but when dd was 3 we must have played Duck Duck Bruce hundreds of times. It is now out of print unfortunately, but there may be other good options?

Thegreatunslept Tue 24-Nov-15 10:21:19

3D snakes and ladders in a winner in my house.

Avebury Tue 24-Nov-15 10:27:24

Galt toys whatever next, Coppit, Dobble, Uno, whot, pop up pirates and lots of orchard toys games are popular here.

BlueChampagne Tue 24-Nov-15 12:31:29

Coppit
Mousie Mousie
The Merry Game of Floundering
Pictureka

fuzzpig Tue 24-Nov-15 13:02:23

It's a while since I had a 3yo <nostalgic sigh> but my 6yo loves Labyrinth and Indigo.

fuzzpig Tue 24-Nov-15 13:05:16

Agree with Animal upon Animal.

One of the few Orchard Toys games we kept (most have gone to my teacher friend's classroom) was Tuten Loot Em - DH and I have been known to play it when the DCs are in bed grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now