Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Present for childminders family?

(16 Posts)
AuntieMaggie Mon 23-Nov-15 13:23:43

Trying to figure out what to get for my childminder and her family... although my childminder is the one who looks after my ds the rest of the family really treat him as part of the family so would like to get something nice for Xmas... any ideas what? x

glentherednosedbattleostrich Mon 23-Nov-15 13:38:17

What a lovely thought. What about some cinema vouchers or vouchers for somewhere to go eat or tickets to a local attraction?

OSETmum Mon 23-Nov-15 16:59:26

How about a family board game?

AuntieMaggie Mon 23-Nov-15 19:10:13

ooh hadn't thought about cinema vouchers...

I think a board game might cause a row amongst her children...

MegBusset Mon 23-Nov-15 19:13:18

What age DC? I used to buy my CM's kids a small toy each (eg Hot Wheels or Lego) plus a big tin of chocs to share.

AuntieMaggie Mon 23-Nov-15 20:04:35

I wouldn't know what to buy meg and then it feels a bit mean buying for cm , kids and not husband so complicates it...

LynetteScavo Mon 23-Nov-15 20:07:52

I was going to say cinema vouchers. smile

lostscot Mon 23-Nov-15 20:38:27

I'd have loved restaurant or cinema vouchers from a family.

TheOldestCat Mon 23-Nov-15 20:42:03

We used to do cinema vouchers for our childminder - wrapped up with a packet of popcorn. We wanted to treat the whole family because they all had a hand in looking after our children.

longdiling Mon 23-Nov-15 20:59:52

What a lovely idea - I'd appreciate anything because the gesture would be the most important thing. Cinema vouchers are definitely a great idea or even a DVD and popcorn if cinema vouchers are a bit expensive. I'm sure you can also get Just Eat vouchers so they could order a Takeaway of their choice. A little hamper of some description?

FoxtrotOscarBackToEconomy Mon 23-Nov-15 21:17:37

I give our childminder a big box of chocolates for the whole family to share (and make it clear that it is for all of them) and then I put a generous cash bonus in a card so she can spend it on whatever she wants, but cinema vouchers sounds like a great suggestion.

DingbatsFur Mon 23-Nov-15 22:46:18

I normally get a restaurant voucher and some chocolate. Tesco are doing discounted gift cards for pizza express if that helps?

attheendoftheday Tue 24-Nov-15 14:00:48

I'm doing wine and nice chocs for cm and her dp, and a choc reindeer for each of her children.

Toastedteacakewithbutter Tue 24-Nov-15 19:05:11

I was at a Christmas market and saw some personalised decorations, you could choose One for example with two adult snowmen and three children snowmen, and they would write the names on, there were lots to choose from, they cost £10, I thought they would be lovely as a family present. Well I would like one!

maryann1975 Tue 24-Nov-15 20:08:54

I'm a childminder and would think you were really generous to get something for my family. It's a really lovely thought and shows you are appreciative. You are right the whole family will be involved in looking after your dc on some way, even if it's just tidying the tots up at the end of the day.
Vouchers for cinema/Pizza Hut/Costa/somewhere we could go together would be lovely. I've got one of those personalised decorations with names on from last year, but the idea is lovely and would be a nice gift from a child.

NarcyCow Thu 26-Nov-15 22:05:12

I'm making a big christmas cake for our childminder's family, and a couple of small toys for the small kids who play with my two. I'll get the kids to make cards for them as well. Would that be okay?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now