Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone bought Paw Patrol for Christmas....Help!

(24 Posts)
mushypee Sun 22-Nov-15 22:30:15

So, what I really need to do is get to a shop where I can have a look at all the different paw patrol stuff, but everywhere local is out of stock.

DD really wants paw patrol for christmas and she likes sets of things...so cant get away with just buying her one character!

I was going to get her the Paw Patrol lookout which comes with Chase and his car....but I can't figure out what size he is. I think that the other pups to go with this must be Paw patrol on a roll vehicles which are around £30 each!!

So then I thought about getting her the Paw Patrol rescue training centre which is cheaper and only comes with a pup...no cars, so I would just need to get the other pup figures...but there are a million different types of each!

Help!!!!! Whatever I do I will need to order online so can't actually see it, and I don't think I will have the time now for returning if its wrong. Can find the size of the playsets easily but not the size of the characters.

Does anyone know what goes with what??

Thank you

snappybadger Sun 22-Nov-15 23:29:50

I have got my son the paw patroller and the vehicles to go with it. They are the basic vehicles (with removable pups) that sell for about £12/£13 each. Although he would love the Lookout or Rescue a Centre sets I couldn't bring myself to buy them after reading the dreadful reviews they have!

shoofly Sun 22-Nov-15 23:39:28

The lookout is utterly shite and has been barely looked at since DS2s birthday in April. The paw patrol on a roll vehicles are far too big for it. The racer vehicles which are £6 in Tesco are too big to go down the track.

shoofly Sun 22-Nov-15 23:45:17

This is the lookout with the racers. The pup pack pups with badges get played with more. I can't find them at the moment. We have one on a roll fire engine with marshall which was approx £20? I think ? (Last Christmas and it was all I could find)

mushypee Sun 22-Nov-15 23:46:30

Snappy...thank you!! I hadn't even spotted the paw patroller before, that looks much more sturdy than the other playsets. I believe they are indeed rubbish (much the same as the octonauts ones!) but she has her heart set on paw patrol of any sort.

May I ask what exactly the other vehicles and pups are called? (and also where you managed to buy them if you don't mind saying).

From googling the paw patroller they look like they would fit both the other playsets too which may be useful for the future. She will love the fact that the pups come out too!

shoofly Sun 22-Nov-15 23:57:26

Tesco seem to have paw patrol stuff fairly reliably

SpendSpendSpend Sun 22-Nov-15 23:59:38

I ve got my dd the full set of 7 soft toys but she has gone off it as i bought them too early!

SpendSpendSpend Mon 23-Nov-15 00:03:01

The pups are called

Ryder is the boy
Marshall, hes red and white
Chase, hes a dog with a blue outfit on
Rocky, hes got a green outfit on
Rubble, hes a yellow bull dog
Skye, shes the only girl, she has floppy ears
Zuma. I think he has an orange outfit

mushypee Mon 23-Nov-15 00:11:46

shoofly - I'm relly shocked at that. I did see the racers in toysRus and they looked tiny! I thought they would look a bit miserable in the lookout!!
I have come across the pups with the badges on e-bay, they are a reasonable price but I'm not sure which playset they would fit, if any!

Have checked Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, Entertainer and ToysRUs locally but they only have one or two odd bits remaining.

I have just had a quick search for the Paw Patroller that Snappy mentioned which looks quite good actually but it is out of stock everywhere. Only place I can find it is on E-Bay starting at £120 when the RRP is £59.99. I think I may have spent too long faffing around over this sad

Spend - that is a nightmare! I would usually buy my DD the soft toys which is so much easier but she seems to have gone off 'teddys' in the past year. Now only full playsets with all accessories are acceptable hmm
Perhaps e-bay them? Looks like everything is out of stock ot the moment and most of the paw patrol stuff on e-bay is coming from China. I think you would sell them quite easily.

MistressMerryWeather Mon 23-Nov-15 00:11:48

Make sure you check amazon before you buy from anywhere else.

I got 3 vehicles that go with the paw patroller for half the price that they were selling them in smyths.

WitchSharkadder Mon 23-Nov-15 00:17:39

The paw patroller is out of stock everywhere. If anyone sees them in stock while they're mooching about the interweb, I'd really appreciate a nudge as I have a desperate DS with a birthday & Christmas coming up and the patroller is the only thing on his list.

Sorry for hijacking, OP smile

mammmamia Mon 23-Nov-15 00:28:29

Watching as well
My DS is almost 6 and has requested this stuff - surely he's too old for it?

MistressMerryWeather Mon 23-Nov-15 00:30:48

Keep checking argos

We has this years ago with a toy called Stinky The Garbage Truck. Stinky was a fucker who was sold out everywhere.

My local argos ended up getting a load of them in just before Christmas.

snappybadger Mon 23-Nov-15 07:22:01

mushypee these are the type of vehicles that fir into the Paw Patroller Basic Vehicle. They should retail for around £12/13 but many are out of stock now unfortunately.

Here they are in Argos Basic Vehicle. They are the medium size vehicles with removable pups (smallest being the racers which you can't remove the pups from and largest being the on a roll vehicles with lights and sounds).

I've just returned from the States so have been lucky enough to buy the bits over there. I paid $48 for the Paw Patroller and $12 each for the vehicles - so it was quite a bargain.

I also found the racers for about £15 for the full set of six on Ebay (from China) which look just as good as the real thing if you're completely stuck. They may do the basic vehicles as well but I was confused to start and thought I needed the racers (smallest sized vehicles) to fit the paw patroller!

kormachameleon Tue 24-Nov-15 23:52:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BrieAndChilli Tue 24-Nov-15 23:56:18

I just bought ds2 the rescue training set and the paw patrol figures with the badges and they are about he right size. Figures have things that pop out their backpacks when you press a button. Recur centre was reduced in Smyths.

SpendSpendSpend Tue 24-Nov-15 23:57:38

Korma

They are on ebay now, finish at 21.40pm on Monday night. Will get you the link now

SpendSpendSpend Tue 24-Nov-15 23:58:43

Here you go

m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Paw-Patrol-Soft-Plush-Toy-Full-Collection-/262157048292?nav=SEARCH

kormachameleon Wed 25-Nov-15 00:24:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PresidentUnderwood Wed 25-Nov-15 00:24:35

Very.co.uk will allegedly have paw patrollers in stock from 5th December for £49!

Paw patrol busy books are really good, the smaller paw patrol toys about £7 aren't really played with by my two, but the bigger £15 sets with chase, Marshall and rubble are always under my feet.

You need to find out which dog your DC like as its apparently very important! tHe look out is a bit shite I'm afraid

Paw patrol also do an iPhone app but it doesn't work across to iPad and it takes up 1.5GB!!!

KanyesVest Wed 25-Nov-15 01:00:16

Witchsharkadder, there's a Paw Patroller here if it's any good?

123Jump Wed 25-Nov-15 07:26:00

Smyths have the Paw Patrol Action Pack. It has 3 figures, and they have both packs, so £40 would get you all six Paw Patrollers.
My DS has these and he just loves them. When you press their badge their tools pop up from their back pack. Very cute. We have had them since Summer. Very well used and get lots of envious looks/interest from other kids when we are out and about. I'd really recommend them..
www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/search/?q=Paw%20patrol%20action%20pack#1&profile=UK

MrsMoggy Wed 25-Nov-15 08:30:11

On the lookout the cars aren't meant to go down the track you put them at the bottom and the dog slides down into the seat like on the programme. It's utter plastic tat though but my 3 year old loves it. He's got all the dogs except Everest who he is getting for Xmas. We've got the paw patroller on order and the rescue training camp off MIL. Also getting the pup pack from
Argos which is a backpack for the child to wear with chases tools in

5madthings Wed 25-Nov-15 08:38:37

My daughter has the pups with the badges and bits tgst pop out. Some are harder to get hold of than others, there is now a new pup calked everest and also robopup to add to your list.

We are just getting the ones that go in the vehicles for £12? Ish, we managed to get everest in her snow patrol vehicle this week.

They can be hard to get hold off. Amazon has some bits sainsburys had a good selection.

I am not buying the tower etc as too big abd looks crap.

We gave got books, the annual, colouring books etc. The works bookshop had them cheap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now