Talk

Advanced search

special paper to look like letter from FC

(9 Posts)
kiwidreamer Sun 22-Nov-15 18:01:16

Last couple of years we've been to Lapland UK and get a special invite from FC for the kids to come and help him prepare for Christmas. This year we are going to Legoland so Im thinking of doing my own letter along the lines of FC has got a few days R&R before the rush of Christmas and has invited some children to come see him at Legoland --needs more thought but you get the jist-- I'm looking for some extra special paper to print the letter on, does anyone have suggestions of where to look? Something the kids haven't seen before and looks amazing --shall I ask for the moon on a rope while I'm here??!!--

Loveleopardprint Sun 22-Nov-15 18:13:42

Two thoughts.
You could get some white paper and colour it with a teabag to make it look like old parchment. Then roll it up with a red ribbon/tinsel.
Or you could get a snowflake paper cutter and make a pattern around the border.
Probably loads of ideas on Pinterest.

Canofpeas Sun 22-Nov-15 23:18:17

Could you do something with spray glue and glitter or glitter glues to jazz up your paper?

mrsdavegrohl Mon 23-Nov-15 07:04:32

cf.livinglocurto.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Free-Santa-Letter-%C2%A9LivingLocurto1.pdf
Does this link work? If not try going to the website and looking for it, you just type into the letter head then print.
If you google santa letter head, or elf on the shelf letter you should find a few.

SitsOnFence Mon 23-Nov-15 07:21:11

Glitter borders look great. This kind of thing Either use glitter washi tape to get a sharp crisp finish or, my favourite, use glue and loose glitter and get a sort of 'dipped in glitter' look.

Or, if you want to be truly poncetastic, get hold of one of those postbox sized postal boxes (like [[the ones you get from Graze) and stick your letter on the inside of the lid and fill the box with goodies for the day; gloves, glow sticks, park map, etc.

Nyancat Mon 23-Nov-15 07:23:02

I think poundland had kits the other day for writing to santa and there was a page for a letter back from santa.

MayhemandMadness Mon 23-Nov-15 07:30:14

Staples or any stationery store will do different types of paper, marbled effect, different thickeness etc

ChristmasZombie Mon 23-Nov-15 09:08:55

Twinkl.com and sparklebox both have tonnes of christmassy page borders.

BlueChampagne Mon 23-Nov-15 13:33:51

Paperchase do good paper that should look a bit special. Otherwise, let the NSPCC do it for you www.nspcc.org.uk/Santa, and someone else will benefit too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now