Talk

Advanced search

How to reveal trip to Lapland using an advent calendar

(9 Posts)
ineedamoreadultieradult Sun 22-Nov-15 13:41:06

We have booked a surprise trip for me, DH and DS1 8 and DS2 5 to visit Santa in Lapland on 18th December. I was planning on revealing this trip to them somehow using their advent calendar. We have a fabric advent calendar and we usually put a little sweet/chocolate in the pockets. I was thinking of maybe writing an invitation from Santa then cutting it up so its like a jigsaw and they get a piece each day up to the 17th, or maybe spelling out a message with a letter in each pocket. Does anyone have any other ideas that might be better? Im not sure if this is a good idea or will it just fall flat?

Littlemousewithcloggson Sun 22-Nov-15 14:07:58

If it was me I would put out a hamper the day before with gloves, scarves , torches, things to do on the journey, snacks etc with a sparkly invitation in. Or do the hamper a day before that with a note saying guess what this is for and then reveal it the next day. But if suspense but not too much.
Hope you have a fantastic time

Littlemousewithcloggson Sun 22-Nov-15 14:08:40

Bit of suspense that was meant to say!

LongHardStare Sun 22-Nov-15 16:19:31

You can buy a small blank jigsaw in tiger for 50p or a pound. I think that souds a lovely idea with a bit of chocolate and a sweet also.

Isthiscorrect Mon 23-Nov-15 18:36:45

Ds was 5 when we went and Santa wrote him a letter in his advent calendar a few days before. do not do this inviting him to visit as he had been so good. He told the children at school, they cried because they had been good and not invited. Teacher asked me in to 'talk about it' and Ds had to take the letter in to school. It wasn't my finest moment ;-) but the trip was awesome. Best holiday EVER! And I would go again in a heartbeat.

PresidentUnderwood Mon 23-Nov-15 18:47:10

What about a treasure hunt so they have to find a code or a series of letters that then can be translated?

janaus Mon 23-Nov-15 18:56:03

I would put in 'hints' each day. Don't know anything about Lapland, to have any ideas.
Or cut out a letter from magazine, put it in a few of the days.
Have a great trip.

ineedamoreadultieradult Mon 23-Nov-15 19:07:59

Ooh loads of ideas thanks, I'm so excited!

SitsOnFence Mon 23-Nov-15 20:48:33

No ideas, I'm afraid, but just laughed out loud at Isthiscorrect's faux pas (sorry)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now