Talk

Advanced search

Amazon Prime - any good?

(14 Posts)
fuzzpig Sun 22-Nov-15 08:28:29

Hi all, just wondering if anyone here uses Amazon Prime for the TV and stuff. I'd like to get this for my DSCs (teen/adult) and they are up for it, but wanted to check it'd be suitable. They have Netflix already or I would've got that.

Basically we'd give them the money and then one of them could get it on their account but would they be able to all use it on different devices?

Also there seems to be the Prime Video thing, which is only slightly less than regular Prime, but do you get more with it?! And then there's that fire stick thing.

I'm easily confused, can anyone help in words of one syllable please? grin

bruffin Sun 22-Nov-15 08:37:39

I only really have prime for the post and the odd library book. The new films you hsve to pay extra for. I would buy it for the tv. However you do get one months free trial which is easy to cancel if you dont like it.
You can share prime with 4 users at the same address

bruffin Sun 22-Nov-15 08:38:21

I would not buy it just for tv

Hi5Hello Sun 22-Nov-15 09:07:57

Not just for the TV but I use it for delivery and DH gets it free to, on line photo storage, the TV, especially as you can now download to devices and the music.

Not bad for £80 a year

fuzzpig Sun 22-Nov-15 16:23:22

That's helpful thanks both smile good that 4 users can share (it's 3 siblings)

It was the fact you have to pay extra for some of the films and tv that put me off. It looks like the Prime Video thing means you don't get all the other benefits like postage (which they wouldn't be that fussed about) but then you don't have to pay to watch anything.

It ends up as a similar price, so wondering if it'd be best just to give them £80 and say it's up to them which one they get? (They'll have other stuff to open anyway)

suffolkpunch85 Sun 22-Nov-15 16:27:20

It's on offer at the moment- we got £20 off last week

MTWTFSS Sun 22-Nov-15 16:34:32

With a student email address, you can get it for £39 a year grin

fuzzpig Sun 22-Nov-15 20:56:18

Oooh eldest is at uni (but living at home) actually. I'll let them know that. They can grin

I did see the offer the other day when the regular membership was lower but it only had a couple of hours left before it expired and I panicked about making the wrong decision or messing it up! blush

I guess if they got it so much cheaper, they'd be able to spend the rest on a fire stick. smile

debbiewest0 Sun 22-Nov-15 21:23:44

You cannot share the TV part of it on different devices? My husband and daughter share the delivery part with me but she cannot access the instant videos on her kindle and nor can he on his tablet. We just watch on TV in lounge. If I didn't use the delivery a lot, I would not sign up for the instant videos as most are quite old - I would use the money to sign up for now TV which is all the movies on sky and so more current. But careful about the sharing - it does not work for the films....

Makemineacabsauv Sun 22-Nov-15 21:39:37

The sharing for films works here!! We have prime TV on the stock in the lounge and box in DS's room and both access films (bought and free) as well as on kindles and iPad when logged into my account. We actually have more than 4 devices able you se it but probably no more than 2 using it at a time. I use it for the delivery too and DS loves it for the TV and games. Been a hit here.

FishWithABicycle Sun 22-Nov-15 22:05:47

You can use the TV on multiple devices if they are logged into the same amazon account - my DH's amazon account is logged in on our TV and laptop and his phone and we can get the TV on all. There's some very good stuff included in the prime deal (no extra cost) that I wish I'd had access to on mat leave when I was stuck on the sofa for marathon bf sessions and watched no end of junk. You can also get good pay-extra stuff like game of thrones long before dvd release if you done have sky. I think it's definitely worth it, I only wish it was from a compact hat pays its fair share of tax.

FishWithABicycle Sun 22-Nov-15 22:07:20

Apologies for multiple autocorrect idiocies above.
don't
company
that

Haggisfish Sun 22-Nov-15 22:13:48

I like amaxon prime for the music streaming actually.

CoperCabana Sun 22-Nov-15 22:19:36

Yes movie streaming on multiple devices, unlimited photo storage in the cloud accessible on multiple devices, purchased content available on multiple devices, two adults sharing same day / next day delivery. What's not to like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now