Talk

Advanced search

Where to get nice undies and socks for teen dds?

(20 Posts)
Dancergirl Sat 21-Nov-15 23:15:09

Want to get my dds (14 and nearly 13) some nice knickers and also cosy socks for wearing round the house. Would Victoria's Secret be good for that sort of thing? Or somewhere else...?

Dancergirl Sat 21-Nov-15 23:17:20

Forgot to say older dd is really fussy about her knickers, she likes briefs or hi-legs and only in pastel colours.

kua Sat 21-Nov-15 23:17:05

M&S

I had a thread on knickers a while back. Ended up getting some nice ones in Topshop. V's Secret v expensive, I thought.

mysteryfairy Sun 22-Nov-15 04:28:38

Not Victoria's Secret itself but Pink, I.e. The collegiate styled younger section, is good though I agree it's expensive. Can second top shop as a good option but not sure much is pastel.

New Look has a vast selection of socks in varying designs including Christmassy ones.

curlycat Sun 22-Nov-15 10:01:17

My DD 15 is very fussy about knickers - everything annoys her!! The best so far have been teeny tiny things from Primark or New Look. Fluffy socks as well from either of those shops but frilly ankle socks have to be River Island

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Heavenscent86 Sun 22-Nov-15 12:50:37

Try boux lingerie. I have had some lovely things from there before and they usually have an offer on so its worth checking out.

kayderjo Sun 22-Nov-15 13:24:15

I would definitely go to pink at vs they often have offers on the underwear currently 5 pairs of pants for £18.64, bras 2 for £30.50 so really not expensive at all, did (12) loves pink stuff

PurpleHairAndPearls Sun 22-Nov-15 13:35:33

Another vote for Pink or Primark

Leeds2 Sun 22-Nov-15 13:42:09

My 17 year old loves stuff from Victoria's Secrets. It is pricy though.

Boux Avenue is good too and they wrap it beautifully!

YY to frilly socks from River Island; also Topshop.

ChristmasZombie Sun 22-Nov-15 15:01:02

Top Shop knickers are pretty good. New Look for socks.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 22-Nov-15 16:00:39

13.6yo DD has 'helpfully' shown me the knickers from Pink that she likes grin .

She likes Uniqlo too but the colours aren't festive really.

I'll buy her 5 pairs of 'Pink' and her novelty festive ones from M&S. (M&S ones for her stocking/Christmas Eve Hamper)

Dancergirl Sun 22-Nov-15 17:31:36

Just had a look online at Pink and Top Shop. They're all either really skimpy/lace, thongs or boy shorts! None of which dd likes. She like plain soft cotton knickers preferably high leg. And pastel colours.. So am I limited to
M & S?

Wombat87 Sun 22-Nov-15 18:09:04

Try La Senza. They too are good and have loads of options

NeverNic Sun 22-Nov-15 21:22:34

I love Victoria Secret underwear. Washes really well. For basic knickers I buy from George, but for what you're looking for try Knickerbox inside Ann Summers. Lots of soft fabrics and girly prints.

NeverNic Sun 22-Nov-15 21:28:06

Scrap that. I don't think they do Knickerbox anymore. Maybe try next?

Artandco Sun 22-Nov-15 21:32:01

Intermissimi. Italian brand but in the UK now, most things simple but well fitted and high cotton count.

MARGUERITE18 Sun 22-Nov-15 21:35:46

Gilly Hicks, Pink at Victorias Secret,Frost French at Debenhams, Marks and Spencer, Boux Avenue, Monsoon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now