Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone out their tree up yet?

(23 Posts)
CrumbledFeta Sat 21-Nov-15 18:57:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kuriusoranj Sun 22-Nov-15 00:20:45

Next Sunday. I very nearly tricked my husband into this weekend. We had a family birthday this week so I ever so casually mentioned that we should put it up this Sunday now that's over. He agreed but I made the mistake of following up with "really? I thought you'd make me wait till next week at least ". Rookie mistake Kuri! He checked the date and vetoed my sneaky plan.

So... next Sunday. At least it's not long now.

kua Sun 22-Nov-15 00:30:37

Absolutely not, this year for this first in a while, I'm buying a real one. We put our tree up on the 15th, I would doubt it would survive till Christmas if we put it up now!

I did see some garden lights up in the neighbourhood tonight.

Becles Sun 22-Nov-15 00:35:13

Mid December

lunar1 Sun 22-Nov-15 06:45:37

No but I got everything out the loft yesterday. And remembered that I'd put everything in lovely plastic boxes so I can see all my lovely decorations. Will put them up on the 1st.

WhereYouLeftIt Sun 22-Nov-15 07:54:39

Week before.

Ridingthegravytrain Sun 22-Nov-15 08:01:21

No, but we bought ours yesterday. However it's smallish and potted so it's living in our garden until December

CrumbledFeta Sun 22-Nov-15 08:43:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Paperblank Sun 22-Nov-15 10:10:19

Mines going up on 10th Dec. It feels like a very long way off!!!

blibblibs Sun 22-Nov-15 10:40:34

DC asked yesterday when it would be going up. I'd happily do it today but will wait until next Sunday.
And I've managed to avoid tinsel in the house all these years and I got out voted yesterday so if I delay for a week they may forget fsmile

Loki17 Sun 22-Nov-15 11:59:31

We always do it on the 1st. We have a real tree and it is still perfect when we take it down on the 2nd of January.

AuntieStella Sun 22-Nov-15 12:14:23

Advent Sunday is next weekend, and it seems rather weird to me to have decorations before that.

(Mine goes up later, partly because the full 6 weeks to Twelfth Night is beyond me).

Gatekeeper Sun 22-Nov-15 12:17:10

Ours goes up the week before- I get sick of it all very soon and it comes down the day after Boxing day.

Oldraver Sun 22-Nov-15 12:36:36

10th of December here as well

I do have Advent things with the soft fabric stuff in a plastic box downstairs, so they get sneakily bought out when we do the Advent Calendars

I've seen a pic on FB of someones tree

BonesyBones Sun 22-Nov-15 14:17:57

Ours is up as of three days ago! Along with the rest of the living room decorations. Haven't started on the hall yet, and I haven't put the wreath up - don't want the neighbours to think I'm mad! grin

I'm sure they've all seen the icicle lights from outside though.

In my defence, DS1 has aspergers and sensory processing disorder so we wanted to check he would be okay with the lights we had bought, or if they needed changing. (that's what I told dp anyway, I just wanted the tree up!) 🎄

ChristmasZombie Sun 22-Nov-15 15:06:47

I always used to do mine on Advent Sunday, but now we do it the day after DD1's birthday, so December 12th. I might put up my wreath a bit earlier.

SpaghettiMeatballs Sun 22-Nov-15 15:14:57

This is a helpful thread. I would normally do it the first weekend in December but that's quite late this year so I'm toying with next weekend. Good to see I won't be alone if we do it next Sunday.

RedBlu Sun 22-Nov-15 15:49:25

Ours went up yesterday, earlier than I wanted but we did it as my DP is at home all next week and can ensure our cats (who have never seen a Christmas tree) leave it alone! Hopefully after a week they will have adjusted to it and won't keep trying to climb it...

CharleyDavidson Sun 22-Nov-15 21:07:39

I normally put it up on the 1st. When the kids were young they loved it.

However, things are a bit different this year.

My dad died only a few weeks ago and I'm just not feeling it.

We have a mad busy weekend next week so the pre-tree tidy isn't going to be happening then.

Also, we have a new kitten who is a sod for weeing in corners despite being litter trained and I bet he'd be up it like a shot, so I'm putting that delight off.

Trickydecision Mon 23-Nov-15 09:54:50

Our artificial tree is up in the dining room, because that was one job to get out of the way before we go away on 4 Dec. It does seem odd though.

EcclefechanTart Mon 23-Nov-15 10:10:10

On 22nd or 23rd December! I am amazed that some people put them up in November. If you don't take them down until twelfth night, does that mean you have them up for six whole weeks??

Trickydecision Mon 23-Nov-15 11:46:00

I suppose that one will be up until 12th Night, Eccle, the real one will be bought on 1Dec when the place we get ours from opens, then left outside in a bucket of water until we get back on 20th Dec. The late (for us) decorating of the real tree balances out the premature appearance of the other one. I thnk.

HuevosRancheros Mon 23-Nov-15 11:58:25

Loki do you know what type of tree you have?

Last year we got a Nordmann and it lasted 6 weeks.
This year we're getting a "traditional" tree (Norway?), and I'm a bit unsure how soon to get it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now