Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Teen boy skin care gift set

(13 Posts)
spottymoo Sat 21-Nov-15 16:04:50

Has anyone seen or can recommend a facial skin care set for a 13 year old. Most sets I've found tend to be body wash and deodorant but I'm looking for one with a facial wash and moisturiser that's not girly.

missmargot Sat 21-Nov-15 16:41:30

Sam Farmer do some really good skincare in very simple packaging.

Glassofwineneeded Sat 21-Nov-15 22:42:51

Why don't you buy individual items and gift wrap them or box them up yourself? You're much more likely to get a few bits he will actually use rather than 2/3 items chosen by someone else and boxed up to look much more than it actually is!

Icklepickle101 Sat 21-Nov-15 23:06:52

Bull Dog do some nice manly face things, you can either buy seep early or they do a set that comes with a wash bag

WrenNatsworthy Sat 21-Nov-15 23:08:41

Palmarosa skin care kit from Neal's Yard Remedies. Fab for balancing hormonal teenage skin. Packaging gender neutral!

Toughasoldboots Sat 21-Nov-15 23:08:45

Dermalogica do a teenage face care gift set for Christmas. My three teens all use derm range.

Toughasoldboots Sat 21-Nov-15 23:11:36

Like this- clear start

MrsMolesworth Sat 21-Nov-15 23:13:03

My boys swear by Clean & Clear facial gel, scrub and moisturiser with Freederm Rapid spot reduction. These work better than any thing else. I'd get those and put them in a plain black wash bag (seen some in Hema and Superdrug.) The favourite deo for that age group seems to be the Lynx chocolate scented one.

SixtyFootDoll Sat 21-Nov-15 23:18:55

I've been buying La Roche Posay face wash and moisturiser for ds1 who has q bit of acne.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 22-Nov-15 00:25:24

Just a cautionary tale WRT teen boys + skin care from my DS.....

My handsome DS (16) has a typical teen boy skin....tends to flare up with red spots (not pustular but red) especially after the Summer when he was lazy.

I bought him Acnecide (in a last ditch desperation) and it worked well, but it takes the colour out of fabric (they do warn you when you buy it)

I didn't know what was causing the discolouration of my towels and bathmats, until I saw handprint shaped marks on his dressing gown.
Little bu**er had been wiping his hands on things [sigh]

I bought DS some La Roche Posay target cream (for redness) and he really likes the Superdrug gel ( on BOGOF recently)

If it's a basic cleansing set rather that a targetted spot reducer, Superdrugs are good.
Also Boots Tea Tree (he likes the night gel moisturiser)
And Cetaphil cleanser (Boots sell it, Costco do huge bottles)

Isthiscorrect Mon 23-Nov-15 18:42:26

Second Dermologica. Ds used to swear by it. No idea what he's using now he lives away and pays for his own probably nothing and looking like a spotty oik.

ChippyMinton Mon 23-Nov-15 22:47:48

Body Shop tea tree range is good.

Goodbetterbest Tue 24-Nov-15 00:03:14

Was also going to suggest Body shop tea tree range

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now