Talk

Advanced search

What's that Scooter that everyone has?

(10 Posts)
MaryPoppinsPenguins Sat 21-Nov-15 08:28:55

My DD had a Disney Princess scooter when she was three and could never ride it... Now my 2.5 year old is having a go of it and is surprisingly good! I've seen all the children on the school run with the same kind of scooter that's easier to steer apparently? Does anyone know what it is?

FauxFox Sat 21-Nov-15 08:31:25

Micro scooters are the most popular brand here.

ItMustBeBedtimeSurely Sat 21-Nov-15 08:33:42

Mini micro. Don't be tempted by cheap alternatives.

NickNackNooToYou Sat 21-Nov-15 08:35:07

Micro scooters I would think, they're brilliant my DSs had them. They are expensive but well worth it in my opinion, the front 2 wheels steer as such. Ours are still going strong, totally knackered but cost per use is probably negligible by now smile

MaryPoppinsPenguins Sat 21-Nov-15 08:37:11

Brilliant, thanks!

Are they okay for both ages? 2.5 and just turned 5?

NickNackNooToYou Sat 21-Nov-15 08:52:26

We got ours when my youngest was about 2, he went like a loon & I constantly had my heart in my mouth. He still goes on it now at 9!

It's a while since and we got the youngest a mini micro scooter (the one with 3 wheels) and my eldest (who was 3 1/2 but very tall) the 2 wheeled one. In hindsight I wish I'd bought them both the 3 wheeled one. To be honest life back then was a blur just like my youngest on his scooter grin

Artandco Sat 21-Nov-15 08:55:16

Get the maxi micro. It's just the adjustable micro so will last longer and 5 year old can use. The micro only lasts Until around 4

wyldstile Sat 21-Nov-15 10:28:14

Mine are nearly 6 and I've just bought maxi micros, although their mini micros have been too small for ages. Buy from der-rollenshop.sportkanzler.de, a German site way cheaper than anywhere you'll find them here and arrived in 4 days I think! Cost me £125 for 2 delivered, rather than £90 odd each.

Huffpot Sat 21-Nov-15 10:43:36

wyldstyle thank you so much for that site!
I'm upgrading my boys 2 scooters to the maxi micros and you've just save me £70 on them flowers

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Sat 21-Nov-15 10:49:31

I would imagine your 5 yr old will be too big for a mini micro. My nearly 5yr old niece is too big for hers. Maxi micro is the same but bigger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now