Talk

Advanced search

Family tree related gifts?

(9 Posts)
RidingSixWhiteHorses Thu 19-Nov-15 17:59:28

Any ideas? Have asked this as part of a v long post on what to get DM but in case you can't be arsed to read that any ideas for family tree related gifts other than a subscription to a family tree magazine?

recklessgran Thu 19-Nov-15 22:40:54

Is she computer literate? If so she might like Family Tree Maker so she can keep all her data,sort it and print out family trees? Failing that a subscription to Ancestry or Find My Past which are online sites where you can get tons of info to put "flesh on the bones."

RidingSixWhiteHorses Thu 19-Nov-15 23:20:34

She has those already but good ideas thank you

SurelyYoureJokingMrFeynman Thu 19-Nov-15 23:35:26

Do you know any details of the family? I've managed to get old photos of a family business from eBay.

There's a big trade in named medals as well. I think it's nice when those come back into the family.

(You can set up alerts on eBay, so you get an email when items come up.)

recklessgran Thu 19-Nov-15 23:41:06

What about a journal like this;
www.amazon.co.uk/Books/dp/1452132623

janaus Fri 20-Nov-15 01:36:27

A nice box or folder, that she can store her special things she has found, articles, photos, etc.

janaus Fri 20-Nov-15 01:37:12

A huge memory USB stick, maybe a novelty one

Hufflepuffin Fri 20-Nov-15 02:05:26

A place on a course? Society of genealogists do some. Tickets to who do you think you are live in Feb. Portable scanner.

SurelyYoureJokingMrFeynman Fri 20-Nov-15 07:54:55

Oh a portable scanner would be to die for, if she spends a lot of time in record offices. Gamechanger.

(As long as the offices permit its use, but they're been fine with non-flash photography IME.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now