Talk

Advanced search

Stocking fillers for 2yo DD

(14 Posts)
BeaBoo Thu 19-Nov-15 15:03:13

It's my dd's birthday 3 days before Christmas so we are going to be overwhelmed with stuff again! We have bought her a balance bike for her birthday but that's all she's getting from us. The same with Christmas - She will get a baby doll and a stocking from us as she will get a lot from family.

Anyway, I really need ideas for stocking presents. I've bought her a little plastic sparkly jewellery set because she loves wearing my rings, and a wooden kaleidoscope but that's as far as I've got. I'm thinking cheap things like stickers etc? I'm not sure what small things a 2 year old would like! Any ideas appreciated smile

wtftodo Thu 19-Nov-15 16:47:23

We're getting our 2 yr old a "pocket kite" as she asked for a kite (after reading Stuck by Oliver Jeffers), and a cheapo sainsburys brightly coloured Jenga type thing that should pretty much fill up the stocking... And possibly a child's torch, crayons, stickers, hair clips?

Olecranon Thu 19-Nov-15 17:00:38

I have bought some small Disney princess figures, peppa pig snap, Elsa lip balm, magic flannel, sparkly glitter ball, stickers, Melissa and Doug magnetic princess tin, small my little pony, small torch, chocolate snowman, chocolate coins, twistables, play doh tubs, princess gloves and bag, small stuffy and Halle soft toys. I tend to go overboard on stockings and struggle to fit it all in!

BeaBoo Thu 19-Nov-15 17:01:17

She has tonnes of hair clips and her Gran is buying her arty stuff so crayons etc. I'm really struggling to think of anything small for some reason!

BeaBoo Thu 19-Nov-15 17:02:46

Wow that's loads Olecranon grin** Shes not really in to princesses or character things yet but I'll definitely be putting in some chocolate coins.

HippyChickMama Thu 19-Nov-15 17:06:11

We've bought Happyland blind bags, Ben and Holly DVD, hair clips, socks, crayons, drawing pad, Mr Tumble mini library, bubbles and bath squirters.

JoanGalt Thu 19-Nov-15 17:07:17

I have a playmobil figure, a wind up rabbit (we all get a different wind up toy for Christmas morning races!), character toothbrush, socks, a jelly cat dog, a book, chocolate coins, a little bath toy and some chalk.

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Thu 19-Nov-15 17:09:32

Have got mine a chocolate reindeer, some little bath toys, peppa pig play doh, Melissa and doug wooden cars and some stickers.

Awoof Thu 19-Nov-15 17:10:52

Bubbles, matey bubble bath, play doh, a hair band, chocolate coins and snow man, bing small teddies and christmas socks

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Thu 19-Nov-15 17:11:47

Oh and some slipper socks.

missmargot Thu 19-Nov-15 17:17:23

We have bath crayons, neon chalks, some wooden musical instruments, sparkly rubber ball (the instruments and ball are from Wilkos, they have lots of good stuff), some bubbles and some small books.

BeaBoo Thu 19-Nov-15 17:19:52

Fab ideas, thanks everyone! Writing a list now so I don't forget

CoffeeChocolateWine Thu 19-Nov-15 18:23:39

Expandable flannel
Bubble bath
Favourite snack, like a Plum/Ella's kitchen pouch or fruity bar?
Hair band
Xmas tights
Happyland figures
Art and craft bits, like glitter pots, glitter glue, toddler scissors
Crayons
Bubbles
Fairy lights
Does she like baking with you? Maybe some cookie cutters?
Flashcards
Book

toddlerwrangling Fri 20-Nov-15 00:23:08

hair clips, bath fizzers, push-up wooden toys, musical toys like a harmonica, castanets or maracas, a snap card game, crayons, bouncy ball, bath toy, bubble mix, a magic wand and/or tiara, yes to stickers, a soft toy, a wobbly snake, a mini spinning top, a ribbon wand on a stick?

I was in a local independent toy shop yesterday and my DD was fascinated by these £1 things they called "paper lasers" - like a paper spiral wound round a stick, which zoomed out like a paper light sabre when you shook the stick. Something cheap but a novelty is always fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now