Talk

Advanced search

Looking for ideas ... grandsons

(7 Posts)
janaus Wed 18-Nov-15 23:08:05

I have 6 grand children, girls 8, 5, 2 1/2 and 6 months ... 2 grandsons 2 and 6 months.

The girls I want to buy a Pandora bracelet and each Xmas and birthday buy them a new charm.

But, am stuck for ideas for the boys. Something to keep and meaningful.

Makemineacabsauv Wed 18-Nov-15 23:14:55

Are you buying adult size pandora bracelets? Just thinking that if it 'a for the future you could look at more grown up keepsakes though I always struggle with these for me! A watch maybe?

myotherusernameisbetter Wed 18-Nov-15 23:15:23

Boys are harder but what about:

Coin sets/special edition coins
Stamps as above
Collectible cars or models of some sort
Maybe a little figurine to represent that years top movie - i.e. this year a Star Wars figure

nilbyname Wed 18-Nov-15 23:15:47

I've bought my DS some star wars stamps that I will get professionally mounted and framed. So maybe something lilevthat- star an art collection for them?

myotherusernameisbetter Wed 18-Nov-15 23:19:31

For the coins I meant things like these:

www.royalmint.com/shop/75th_Anniversary_of_the_Battle_of_Britain_2015_UK_50p_BU_Coin

www.royalmint.com/shop/The_Royal_Navy_2015_UK_2_pound_Brilliant_Uncirculated_Coin

You get a few different ones every year to commemorate whatever events are on.

myotherusernameisbetter Wed 18-Nov-15 23:22:50

and you can get something like this to start it off:

www.royalmint.com/shop/The_Fifth_Circulating_Coinage_Portrait_Final_Editions_Brilliant_Uncirculated_Set

or
www.royalmint.com/shop/Lucky_Silver_Penny_2015

janaus Wed 18-Nov-15 23:48:21

Thank you, I love the idea of special Mint coins. Thats what I will do, Australia here, I am sure they have something similar at the Australian Royal Mint, a collection of coins for each year is something special.

Will get the small child size Pandora bracelets for the girls, the 8 year old will be old enough now to wear it, the others can wait to grow into it.

thanks so much for your ideas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now