Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for cheap homemade hampers?

(6 Posts)
Chippednailvarnish Wed 18-Nov-15 18:08:22

I'm considering making up hampers as gifts. Can anyone suggest cheap but expensive looking things to include? grin Or would I be better to buy them ready made up?

Pooseyfrumpture Wed 18-Nov-15 18:13:57

H&M have some gold boxes for 3.99 at the mo, and free delivery with a code. Or Home Bargains have wicker baskets for 6.99, Hobby craft and/or Amazon also have wicker baskets and trays.
I usually do one for DM and DMIL. Biscuits, candle, chocs, bottle of wine, choc coins, jam, fudge, photo frame, gloves, scarf. Stuff from Lidl, Aldi, Asda, Tesco. It's probably as much as a premade one but I get the stuff they like, like Walnut whips and curly wurlies that you don't tend to get in an M&S hamper.

SquadGoals Thu 19-Nov-15 13:58:54

I'm doing my sister an afternoon tea one for her birthday.

Putting in a teapot & cup for one, set of unusual teabags, mini bottle of champagne, set of unusual flavoured jams and I'm baking her some scones.

mumslife Thu 19-Nov-15 19:20:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Chippednailvarnish Fri 20-Nov-15 21:13:30

Well I'm going to go for posh jam, chutney, oatcakes, chocolate orange, mulled wine mix, mince pies, brandy butter, bucks fizz, fudge and posh tea in a crate with some pretty padding...

TheExMotherInLaw Fri 20-Nov-15 21:24:52

go shopping in Aldi - so many pretty things for hampers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now