Talk

Advanced search

I know that Father Christmas was you all along Mummy but can you explain this one last thing.....

(6 Posts)
momb Tue 17-Nov-15 14:42:55

'How did you make the reindeer teeth marks in the carrots?'

Bless her. It's the only thing she hadn't worked out. In some ways it is simpler now without the pretending, but it is also the end of an era, with each of them having had the realisation one by one over the years.

...and the reindeer teethmarks along the carrots are done with a crimped biscuit cutter by the way. santa

curriegirl Tue 17-Nov-15 16:30:37

It's amazing what they think of! How old is she?

momb Tue 17-Nov-15 16:38:53

She's just 11. Our youngest. The other 4 siblings/steps have been keeping it going for a while now but I can't help being a little sad it's over.

So basically the reindeer teeth marks were the last bit of magic.

FeelingSmurfy Tue 17-Nov-15 16:43:12

Sounds like that gave you at least one extra year, that she had doubted but not having an answer for that swayed her

RubberDuck Tue 17-Nov-15 16:44:31

Mine knew the tooth fairy wasn't real but couldn't work out the letter ds2 got one time from her (when she was shamelessly late while we were on holiday grin). "But it wasn't Daddy's handwriting, or yours, Mummy!"

I'd written it left-handed (I'm right-handed) grin

LibidinousSwine Tue 17-Nov-15 18:23:10

My dear old departed BlackDog used to do the honours with the carrot on Christmas Eve.
The first year she wasn't there was particularly poignant, despite the fact that DS hadn't believed for about three years fsad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now