Talk

Advanced search

Lego advent calender

(6 Posts)
DXBMermaid Tue 17-Nov-15 10:26:42

So DH has bought Lego Advent calenders for the DC. They are too small to really understand (Dd 2.5 yr, Ds 11 weeks), but am sure DD will enjoy opening the windows.

My questions is what do you do with the figures? Do you have a simple display, or do they disappear in the lego heap, or do they go in a special box?

FrozenPonds Tue 17-Nov-15 10:43:11

During Advent the bits stay mostly on the play mat that comes with the calendar, after that they get put in with the general lego.

You only get a couple of figures though

Which calendars did you get? The Friends ones are a bit samey, with extremely small pieces (hair accessories for minifigs are tiny).

You might be better off putting them away for a while and getting Playmobil ones for actual play value/figures.

DXBMermaid Tue 17-Nov-15 10:47:16

DH has bought the star wars one for DS (or rather for himself) and the normal one for DD.

I didn't realise there isn't actually a figure behind every window santa

I think it might be nice to keep the figures until they are old enough.
I might make a calendar with things that she can actually play with instead.

SunnySomer Tue 17-Nov-15 10:54:11

There is a thing behind each window - eg a figure or a dog or a tree or a bicycle.... Whatever fits into the Christmas scene (Star Wars scene - whatever) that the calendar is based on. They are often smaller and fiddlier than regular Lego, so even your older DC might just have to look. (That is, they are the fiddliest bits).
After Christmas ours just go into the general Lego box.

MissBattleaxe Tue 17-Nov-15 10:57:43

The Star Wars ones have lots of little pieces in. Some windows are figures and some are mini space ships that you put together. Very much not for anyone under 3 years of age ( and not 11 weeks!) but at least your DH will enjoy it.

SweetAdeline Tue 17-Nov-15 10:57:58

DXB you could probably save the box and bits for next year and just reuse.

I've got myself Dd (3) a playmobil one and ds (nearly 2) a playmobil 123 one. Cautionary tale to people whose children only have picture ones - they will grow up to become adults who buy their children the most ridiculously over the top calendars they can find grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now