Talk

Advanced search

Album covers on canvas

(12 Posts)
Greenandblue123 Tue 17-Nov-15 07:11:09

My DD wants a couple of albums for Christmas but she only wants them in order to display the covers on her wall. We don't have a record player and she's not interested in getting one.
I'm not going to pay £22 for an album just for the cover sad so I wondered if there was anywhere that would print an image of the covers (from a photo) onto canvas. Does anyone know of a place that would do this?

caravanista13 Tue 17-Nov-15 07:28:26

Are you sure she'd be happy with that? I think if she wants the covers to display she might be disappointed with a canvas print.

Greenandblue123 Tue 17-Nov-15 09:30:40

Hi caravanista

It was just something she mentioned rather than a main present. I said it seemed daft to have the record if she couldn't play it and she agreed but said she thought the covers would look cool on her wall.
I was thinking that canvases might be a good compromise.

The ideal solution would be to buy just the covers but that isn't possible wink

Davros Tue 17-Nov-15 12:26:49

You can buy frames especially for album covers, I can't remember where but I don't think they're unusual or expensive. I'm not sure a photo service like Photobox would print an album cover from your photo because of copyright. What albums are they? I've got 100s of records, I might have them

Greenandblue123 Tue 17-Nov-15 13:20:11

I think you might be right Davros, I hadn't thought about the copyright issue.
It may actually work out a similar price to buy the album and frame as a canvas anyway.
The albums are recent ones by George Ezra and Hozier so I doubt you will have them Davros grin

Isthiscorrect Tue 17-Nov-15 18:54:16

Not quite the same thing but check out wearedorothy.com. They have fantastic gifts on canvas for music, book, tv lovers. Awesome gifts. Sorry for the hijack but really do take peek.

Hadiever Tue 17-Nov-15 19:17:43

I think the copyright would be an issue. My local Home Bargains had really cheap frames for album covers, might be worth a look.
Also depending on who the record label is they may do posters, prints of some album covers.

Davros Tue 17-Nov-15 21:21:54

greenandblue you are right, I don't have those albums! I think you should buy the albums and get the cheap album cover frames. I can do you a Clive Dunn/Corporal Jones album with "permission to sing sir" on the front grin

Greenandblue123 Tue 17-Nov-15 21:25:05

Haha thanks Davros. Not sure what she'd make of that! smile

SwedishEdith Tue 17-Nov-15 21:26:05

Are vinyl albums £22? shock Surely, mainstream ones like that would be quite cheap on Amazon?

romeomorningwhisky Tue 17-Nov-15 21:55:57

I've got 2 David Bowie singles in frames, they're amazing & probably the last survivors out my Mum's record collection.
There must be a way round it for such current albums,
I would definitely email round a couple of canvas people as it would still look awesome,
Wouldn't work out much more cost effective though!

Davros Wed 18-Nov-15 09:52:40

I remember where I got an album cover frame, it was from Tiger, very cheap

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now