Talk

Advanced search

Wii U Vs X Box One

(6 Posts)
happymummy2010 Mon 16-Nov-15 20:53:54

My DS (12) had been asking for an Xbox One, which I wasn't very keen on because he already has an old Xbox 360 and he seems to be forever falling out with his friends whilst playing online and the games seem to be mainly aimed at over 18s. He has now started asking for a Wii U. I think this could be a good idea as the games seems more age appropriate (he is quite immature for his age) and hopefully it would means he spends less time playing on Xbox live.

We have an old Wii console, but he hasn't touched it for a couple of years. My Dh isn't keen on getting a Wii U as he thinks it's too young for him and that he will still want an Xbox one in a few months time. There doesn't seem to be that much difference in price either.. So I don't know which one to go for..

Any advice ?

Makemineacabsauv Mon 16-Nov-15 21:57:49

My 13 yo DS would be very disappointed if he got a wifi u on Christmas Day as Xbox is his social thing and he is desperately trying to save up for an Xbox. One. He has no idea I 'be bought him one as I got a good deal! I do monitor his Xbox live and check his friends list etc. I know who he is on talking to and often say hi to his friends as their parents do too. He is not allowed 28 games and that has also been agreed with his closest friends parents. To me it's just the same as any other social media and all parents need to try and help steer their teens/Tweens through this cyber world we don't really understand! But to answer your post, I would get him what he wants for Christmas!

Iggi999 Mon 16-Nov-15 23:40:08

If you already have an Xbox 360 though, how much better will the boxing seem? I am in same boat (though with a younger ds) and would prefer to get him a wii

Iggi999 Mon 16-Nov-15 23:40:20

Xbox one, not boxing

stinanordenstram Tue 17-Nov-15 08:38:18

Wii U is aimed at much younger dc imo.

I think at age 12 a lot of his friends will have an Xbox one or will be asking for it for Christmas.

BuildersBum Tue 17-Nov-15 18:43:22

There is a lot larger catalogue of children's games on the WiiU, but there are still decent adult gaming titles available as well as lot of main titles.

Super Smash Bros is a huge game & that's PEGI 12.

Disney Infinity is supposed to be best on the WiiU, because of the Gamepad & Toybox mode.

If he's asking for a WiiU, does that mean he's looked at what titles are available?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now