Talk

Advanced search

'Extra ' present for 8yo ds

(9 Posts)
Feckinlego Mon 16-Nov-15 20:37:37

Ds age 8 is getting a tablet and some minecraft Lego. He has his eye on that meccano g15 robot but it's too expensive. I'd like to get him something along those lines, or something he can do rather than being stuck to screens. I've been mulling over getting him a drone, spy net camera or snap circuits. Any other ideas? Budget up to £50 at most. Thanks so much.

HerdOfRhino Mon 16-Nov-15 20:55:22

A Marble Run
K'nex
Dominoes Rally
Rollerblades
Where's Wally Books and Calendar
Air Hockey Table
Football Table
Jenga Boom
Guiness Book of Records
Simon Says
Bop It
Rubik's Cube

blibblibs Mon 16-Nov-15 21:02:43

We've bought Jenga as another present for DS 7, figured it was a bit minecraft like! Also a big Star Wars fan so the build your own lightsabre kit.

Whatthequack Mon 16-Nov-15 21:26:25

Check out the link below. It's a small inexpensive drone. Ds and Dp have one each.

www.red5.co.uk/q4-nano-quadcopter.aspx

Whatthequack Mon 16-Nov-15 21:32:20

I bought a box collection of Goosebumps novels and a dvd box set of 'Are you afraid of the Dark' for ds8, as he's currently into scary stories.

Feckinlego Tue 17-Nov-15 08:45:35

Some great ideas there thanks to all. Love that little quad copter that could definitely be a contender!

vikjul Tue 17-Nov-15 09:11:43

A relatively inexpensive gadget that has lots of play value is a sound machine. I think ds10 got it at around 7, he and his friends still have fun with it.

Rivercam Tue 17-Nov-15 09:17:59

Look in maplins. They do gadget toys such as electronics kit. My elder dc loves his.

LaughingHyena Tue 17-Nov-15 14:25:03

DS is having loads of fun doing lego animations with a cheap web cam. If you're already getting a tablet then an animation app for that would be on my list.

He loves the circuits too, we have the cambridge brainbox electronics sets.

A potato powered clock kit was a surprise hit last year, and potatoes don't go mouldy as fast as I though they would.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now