Talk

Advanced search

£10 - £20 presents for 12/13 year old girls

(19 Posts)
Dancergirl Sun 15-Nov-15 23:29:07

Dd's main present is a (2nd hand) iPhone. Have also got her a onesie. I would like to get her a few other presents but have no ideas what. She isn't into make up or hair yet and doesn't need or want any clothes.

defineme Sun 15-Nov-15 23:39:42

What is she into?
Dd is 11 and getting from me and family- an ipod, concert tickets, books, clothes/equipment for the sports she does, board game, hair chalks.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Sun 15-Nov-15 23:43:21

Hollister body spray, jack wills knickers/bag (on sale) head phones, blue tooth speaker, phone case, itunes voucher, chocs, warm socks, warm scarf (big checks are in fashion) DVD?

duckbilled Sun 15-Nov-15 23:54:35

A lush Christmas box, i loved them at around that age.

Dejavu10 Mon 16-Nov-15 00:04:26

Zoella seems to be popular with girls of that age. She is a vlogger whatever that is! Superdrug have some lovley girlie toiletries, 3for2 at mo. She had also written some books.

Lovelydiscusfish Mon 16-Nov-15 06:40:39

A lot of the girls are teach at that age seem to take a surprising amount of pride in their pencil cases, note books, folders etc. (Don't mean to imply that boys don't too, it's just that in that age group I only teach girls!) It used to be a lot of stuff with owl motifs, although maybe that is passing a bit. Cath Kidston stuff they seem to love.

Dancergirl Mon 16-Nov-15 15:07:54

Thanks for the suggestions. She's not really into Zoella and things like that (although my 14 year old is!). Not sporty at all, she likes drama, musical theatre, reading. We're getting her theatre tickets for her birthday in January so not that.

haggisaggis Mon 16-Nov-15 15:19:43

You can get a ukulele for around £ 20 - not brilliant quality but good enough for her to have fun with (got my dd one last year and she enjoys messing about with it). Stuff for the phone - portable battery charger, case etc. Novelty USB drive. One of these bed warmer soft toy things you put in the microwave. Slipper socks
(I keep a list of what I got the dc on previous years - these were all successful gifts for dd last year!)

BirdintheWings Mon 16-Nov-15 15:23:32

How about a bit of book-themed jewellery?
One example here but there are loads of others.

BirdintheWings Mon 16-Nov-15 15:25:15

Vintage typewriter?

BirdintheWings Mon 16-Nov-15 15:28:18

Drama Queen t-shirt?

Or this one?

PurpleHairAndPearls Mon 16-Nov-15 15:34:48

A book journal so she can record what books she read? Big hit with my DD who loves reading.

Also I had success with a tote bag which says "I like big books and I cannot lie" and a badge which says "don't judge a book by it's movie"

I'm on my phone so can't link ATM but if she likes Harry Potter there are posters (sold on all posters or Amazon I know) which are basically the whole text of the book (and other books are available) on one big poster - they are great I want one

Nice pillow/torch for reading in bed. Or a duvet cover? (I saw a nice one which was a print of marshmallows all over it)

My reading obsessed DD is the easiest one of mine to buy for. I love it grin

PurpleHairAndPearls Mon 16-Nov-15 15:37:06

Or a diary?

Makemineacabsauv Mon 16-Nov-15 22:16:25

My dd loves baking so has got posh scales and other baking bits. She's also getting a second hand iPhone so will be getting an iTunes voucher and an iPhone car cover thing. What about stationery - my dd adores the (overpriced) paper chase. Skincare? She has also
Mentioned that pie face game but I am ignoring that request as all presents have been bought!! Mostly make up this year!!
When I was that age a book voucher was a perfect present as I loved choosing books in a proper bookshop - still do but don't get the chance to now!

Chillywhippet Mon 16-Nov-15 22:41:13

Does she meet with friends for hot choc in a cafe? How about a coffee shop voucher. Big hit with my teens last year.

Dancergirl Sat 21-Nov-15 23:25:26

purple where did you get the big books tote from please?

She's not massively into stuff like stationery etc. Costa voucher may be an idea though. And she might like a new duvet cover.

Thanks for suggestions smile

Dancergirl Sat 21-Nov-15 23:26:17

Do you think those microwavable soft toy bed warmers are better than a hot water bottle?

Warmworm Sat 21-Nov-15 23:55:39

Mine liked sweetie hampers that I made up. One had American sweets and one had Japanese. You can order the sweets online.

Board game? Fluffy pjs, socks, umbrella, impulse, bath bombs?

PurpleHairAndPearls Sun 22-Nov-15 08:57:15

I Like Big Books and I Cannot Lie Tote 9781423635444, BRAND NEW FREE P&HH_

Hope the link works, I think they also sell them on Amazon.

I think microwave hotties are much safer than the water ones, although I find the heat doesn't last as well. Probably not cool enough for a teenager but I have microwavable slippers and they are blissful smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now