Talk

Advanced search

Presents- nearly 1 and nearly 2yo's girls

(6 Posts)
cocacola1006 Sun 15-Nov-15 22:54:44

So what do you buy for nieces who have everything?!
I had a couple of ideas which have either been bought in the last month or bought for Christmas!
Don't want to give money but don't want to give just another toy to be lost in the 100's of others.... Help! confused

dodobookends Mon 16-Nov-15 00:08:22

Nearly 1 - won't know much about who bought what anyway. Nearly 2 - I once bought a friend's dd this age an umbrella for Christmas and it was the only thing she wanted to play with!

missmargot Mon 16-Nov-15 08:17:23

If they have got lots of toys already then how about books? DS is nearly 2 and loves anything with pop ups or lift the flap. Last Christmas he got the Pantone Box of Colour books which were a huge hit as they are very tactile.

If you want toys then the presents from last year that he has played with the most have been his Hide and Squeak Eggs, his Janod wooden magnetic rocket and Janod wooden pull along dog.

He also loves bath toys, this year he is getting bath crayons, bath stickers (GLTC have a nice set, as do Amazon) and a fishing game.

cocacola1006 Mon 16-Nov-15 22:49:26

The eggs look cool thanks!! I know the 1yo won't know but the mother and grandparents will be judgy if both don't have similar 'value' presents. We don't buy much the rest of the time as they have so much but birthday and Christmas we will make an effort.
I was thinking along the books and puzzles line of things smile thanks

Misty9 Mon 16-Nov-15 23:07:18

My 19 month old loves puzzles - the double sided Orchard games ones are a favourite - and she loves arty activities, so consumables such as toddler friendly stamps and paint would go down well here. Oh , and a3 sized art pads of paper are brilliant for this age. Pound land sometimes do a fab one.

What about a kids music cd? Mine love sticking one on and dancing away smile

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Mon 16-Nov-15 23:29:04

have u seen the galt wooden pop up toy? huge hit with both my dd's. also the tomy hide and squeak eggs.

otherwise how about a personalised book? i know they wont be able to read it now but might like having it read to them? i have bought both 'the magic chair' and 'the little boy/girl who lost their name' both were beautiful books. was nice as you can write a personalised message inside so they can be kept.

or books, go for a classic story - the tiger who came to tea, jolly postman, elmer, the gruffalo etc sometimes you can get a good set on thebookpeople

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now