Talk

Advanced search

What is on your Christmas list?

(18 Posts)
yogabird Sun 15-Nov-15 21:06:51

Don't know what I want...inspire me with your lovely ideas?

usual Sun 15-Nov-15 21:08:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PingPongBat Sun 15-Nov-15 21:26:02

a list? confused nope, I don't have one either.

yogabird Sun 15-Nov-15 21:28:27

RE: the list I don't have one...and people keep asking what I'd like. So I thought I would make one. It will have dark chocolate and nice socks on it...what else might be good to add?

Makemineacabsauv Mon 16-Nov-15 22:56:48

All I have on mine is Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream which I love. DM wants to know what else I want but I have no idea! Sleep or a day of rest would be good but ain't gonna happen!!!

sparklesnpearls Mon 16-Nov-15 23:06:24

Real ugg boots not snide ones grin

ishouldcocoa Mon 16-Nov-15 23:08:32

A pair of kitchen scissors that no one will nick, and a timer.
(Go me...)

recklessgran Mon 16-Nov-15 23:23:06

A Christmas planner
Adele's new C.D. 25
A book not yet published-Finding Tipperary Mary
Some fluffy socks
That's all - I never want anything much but love giving. I deliberately stop buying things for myself at this time of the year so that I have have a few things to say if I'm asked.

Sybilvimes Tue 17-Nov-15 11:26:32

I want an Amazon fire stick. It was the only thing on my present list and I was looking to it until DH broke the news that our TV doesn't have a USB port.

Sadly a new TV is not an option ??

BiddyPop Tue 17-Nov-15 11:37:21

I have no ideas.

I want a laptop backpack but I am kinda fussy about it (for work) - the only ones I like are in the US and hard to get shipped.

Mostly, I'd actually like a few days of peace and quiet, with a really good book and a nice bottle of wine beside a fire. So the book or wine could be options. Or babysitting offers.

If not, hmm...
A course on how to properly set up and maximize my apple mac - a couple of hours with an Apple (guy? colleague/ what are they called?)
A massage, to get rid of all the kinks and knots in my neck, shoulders and back - so proper deep tissue

I don't know really. Not so much about "stuff" really this year, can't really think of anything I need, or really really want.

Sorry, I'm no help

(I'm also stuck on a good few of the people I have to buy for - just having a brain dead time at the minute)

7Days Tue 17-Nov-15 11:40:00

Yup peace and quiet for me too.
Might ask for a spa day maybe. Not as good as book and wine at home for more achievable

FauxFox Tue 17-Nov-15 11:44:47

Soap & glory body moisturiser
A new slow cooker (mine has a dent in it!)
Wrist warmers

I also need new wellies but I really can't get excited about that as a gift!

Pengweng Tue 17-Nov-15 15:58:41

Sybil ask for a roku instead.
www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/smart-tv/roku-2-4205eu-hd-smart-tv-box-10132459-pdt.html

We have the first version and there is a newer one and also a USB stick one which is obviously not going to work for you.

Fire stick is ok but can not get All4 (4od) on it which is bloody annoying. We have a roku downstairs and a fire stick upstairs.

On my list is a bath robe (a proper towelling one that isn't white)
Moisturiser and some new make up brushes.
Chocolate
Amazon vouchers so i can buy some books.

WipsGlitter Tue 17-Nov-15 16:00:50

Tom Ford - Black Orchid
Heated rollers

VinoTime Tue 17-Nov-15 16:21:09

Sybilvimes I just got a fire TV stick and it's bloody fab (Netflix junkie). It can connect into your HDMI port, which most TV's have. Double check the back of your telly. We just disconnect the DVD player if we have the stick in, and vice versa if we want to watch a DVD.

My list this year:

- iPod Nano. My mum has very kindly bought me a gold one after we managed to save a small fortune through Tesco. She still buys each of us a 'big' present every Christmas.
- Perfume
- Yankee candle
- PJ's
- Big, fluffy socks
- Slippers
- St Ives face cream and facial scrub
- Stud earrings

rollonthesummer Tue 17-Nov-15 16:30:11

Earrings-little stars
Tan coloured boots
Yankee Candle
Handbag-red leather

Sybilvimes Wed 18-Nov-15 18:45:22

Thanks for fire stick advice. I am going to double check the TV for a HDMI port VINOTIME, so thanks very much for that advice, and PENGWENG, if it is a no go I will definitely look into a roku

Maybe Christmas is back on the cards after all wink

Pengweng Thu 19-Nov-15 07:05:35

Came back to say Dh just told me the sticks are HDMI but so is the ROKU so i hope your TV has one!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now