Talk

Advanced search

Heelies- which are the best ?

(5 Posts)
missmapp Sun 15-Nov-15 18:10:49

Ds1 ( 10) wants heelies for Christmas. I have had a look online and the prices seem to vary quite a bit. is it worth spending the extra money? Any styles/brands which are better?

Also, if your dcs have them- are they worth it ? Do they get their moneys worth? He doesn't ask fo much, so will get them, but don't know whether to spend lots or get a cheaper pair.

Thank you

MrsEricBana Sun 15-Nov-15 18:15:19

Both my dcs had branded Heelies at that age. They weren't cheap but they were really used a lot and they grew out of them much less quickly than normal shoes because I bought a decent size and they insisted on wearing them even when they were far too tight! Only thing I would say is do some closely supervised practising when he first gets them as ds wore them on an outing and had a really nasty tumble on his first day. Both were fine after that and they had loads of fun out of them. Having said all this I know others who have bought them and the child wasn't keen as couldn't get the hang of it.

missmapp Sun 15-Nov-15 18:33:15

Thanks MrsEricBana

did you get there usual size when ordering ?

missmapp Sun 15-Nov-15 18:44:11

Oh, and what is the difference between two wheels and one in each shoe? Looking on the website and not sure which is best.

Thanks again

LetGoOrBeDragged Sun 15-Nov-15 20:35:42

My dc is 7 and has the 2 wheel heelys. I found the sizing to be close to clarks sizing. Have ordered a pair of 1 wheel heelys for older teen - because the size was so big I didnt have a choice as to whether I got one wheel or 2. Got the impression that the 2 wheel are easier so more suitable for younger kids.

Quality seems great. I went up by half a size so they would last longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now