Talk

Advanced search

White wrapping paper

(8 Posts)
swooosh Sun 15-Nov-15 12:15:13

I've searched high and low for plain white wrapping paper. Paperchase have some but it is a little pearlised and also expensive.

Has anyone seen any? [sgrin]

Tuiles Sun 15-Nov-15 12:18:17

Umm, can you not look for rolls of drawing paper - find them in craft & stationery sections?

BertieBotts Sun 15-Nov-15 12:18:31

The problem is, if it's cheap it tends to be semi transparent when it's white. At least I found that when I had one roll which was white with pictures of Santa on one year.

What about going to a craft shop and just buying a huge sketch pad in A3 or A2 size?

Boredofthinkingofnewnames Sun 15-Nov-15 12:21:58

I've used rolls of drawing paper before

swooosh Sun 15-Nov-15 12:22:51

Didn't think of craft paper. That could work, not sure how it would be with wrapping though. Might have to forget my pinterest white and red vision grin

Bimblywibble Sun 15-Nov-15 12:40:18

IME white wrapping paper tends to show things through anyway, so I don't think rolls of drawing paper would be any worse. You could try wrapping with coloured tissue paper underneath - something like blue or yellow. Avoid red - I suspect it would give the white a hint of "one red sock in the white wash"

ChippyMinton Sun 15-Nov-15 14:52:16

What about lining paper (wall paper)? Most is off white but I saw some bright white recently in Homebase or B&Q.

BertieBotts Sun 15-Nov-15 16:14:30

Just swap it around? Buy plain red and use white ribbon?

Or parcel wrapping brown paper looks lovely if you're going for a minimalist kind of look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now