Talk

Advanced search

Toy garage for 7 year old

(15 Posts)
Kitsandkids Sat 14-Nov-15 21:16:55

I have 2 foster children who have been with me for about a year and a half. When they first arrived they had very little clue about how to play with toys. Gradually they have got better and I am still very much encouraging them to play with toys and not grow out of them too quickly.

The eldest, aged 7 and a half, likes playing with toy cars and we have loads, but we don't have a toy garage and this is something I think he would really like and would play with a lot.

Does anyone have recommendations for a toy garage for slightly older children? One that 7 and 8 year olds still enjoy playing with?

Many thanks

mummypig3 Sat 14-Nov-15 21:18:29

We have the early learning centre garage. It's lasted 3 years and still going strong

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Sat 14-Nov-15 21:22:52

the elc big city one looks good - im not sure about older children as mine arent really into garages so cant comment on quality.

LoveAnchor Sat 14-Nov-15 21:32:12

We had a massive Fisher Price Garage like the one attached, but they don't do it anymore. I'd say at this age size of the toy really matters, as it's so much more fun when cars go really fast and far, and you don't have to bend down loads to see things.

GloGirl Sat 14-Nov-15 21:33:06

The Big City one is great. We also have a spiral race track type thing that is the same brand and very fun.

PS, how depressing a 7 year old doesn't know how to play sad Bless you for being a foster parent flowers

GloGirl Sat 14-Nov-15 21:34:10

I looked everywhere for that garage Anchor after seeing it at a play group! It was still in excellent nick even though it looked vintage!

Kitsandkids Sat 14-Nov-15 21:42:27

Also, really sorry for all the duplicate threads. How embarrassing! I pressed create and it kept saying 'access denied' so I kept trying again!

Kitsandkids Sat 14-Nov-15 21:49:15

Having a bit of a Google and this one seems quite big and grown up looking but also not too expensive.
www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/construction-cars/c-400/garages/p-1000/molto-4-storey-parking-garage/?gclid=CjwKEAiA1JuyBRCogJLz4J71kj0SJADsd6QRacrxYdMo_lFgf4Ioa1SaspFw-NHX2052GSuOKTLupBoC2xrw_wcB

GloGirl Sat 14-Nov-15 21:54:52

That looks really good for the price especially.

Allyoucaneat Sat 14-Nov-15 21:59:43

Hot wheels one might be good for an older child? You can attach hot wheels track to it, it has ramps and a lift for take cars up and down, also a booster to make them go faster. We got ours on sale in Smyth's was about £20 reduced from £40.

The ELC big city one looks good too.

We have a fisher price one and a vtech toot toot one too, both of these are good but really for preschool age!

Allyoucaneat Sat 14-Nov-15 22:02:09

There's the hot wheels one, it's £34.99 but we paid much less than that so shop around!
www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/toys/construction-cars/c-402/hot-wheels/p-4278/hot-wheels-mega-garage/

Sirzy Sat 14-Nov-15 22:05:49

DS was 6 yesterday and got the Moto one you linked too and loves it.

We have had a hot wheels one before and it was rubbish

LoveAnchor Sat 14-Nov-15 22:23:03

Molto looks really good. Yes, a lot of kids play with these toys at preschool age, but if yours have never had one before, he will love it loads at 7!

LoveAnchor Sat 14-Nov-15 22:25:20

GloGirl - I got mine from Freecycle! For free!! It was awesome. Yes a bit vintage definitely but totally awesome nonetheless smile

cantgonofurther Sun 15-Nov-15 09:35:22

I would look at hotwheels stuff for a 7year old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now