Talk

Advanced search

Drones - anyone got a decent che apish one?

(9 Posts)
hellsbells99 Sat 14-Nov-15 11:16:46

I would like to buy DD one to play in the fields with (not near houses). There are a couple of boys who fly them over there - they have ones that light up in different colours. DD is fascinated by them (she is a teenager).
Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't want to buy a very expensive one. Quite happy if it is in kit form that she has to make.

LoveAnchor Sat 14-Nov-15 17:05:09

Drone as in drone camera?

SirChenjin Sat 14-Nov-15 17:08:57

Can I do a bit of a plug for this company - really long established Edinburgh company (they do mail order), I used them a year or so ago and they were brilliant, really helpful www.marionvillemodels.com/

Whatthequack Sun 15-Nov-15 19:57:56

This one is really good, we have two!

www.red5.co.uk/q4-nano-quadcopter.aspx

hellsbells99 Sun 15-Nov-15 23:28:18

Thank you very much for your replies.
whatthequack that looks good!

MeMyElfandI Sun 15-Nov-15 23:38:48

I was in Tiger today and they had one. Sorry I can't remember what price it was but I think if you check their website it would be on there, even though they do not do internet shopping.

Fantasyland Sun 15-Nov-15 23:40:25

What are drones for? Just filming things

Kacie123 Mon 16-Nov-15 07:25:01

Interesting, the last time I looked at these (years ago) they were extortionate. Now this one seems to be one of the most popular camera ones on Amazon and is a bit cheaper than the one above. Less durable/indoorsy though. Also dislike the idea of these generally getting more popular and filming everyone etc, but there you go...

stroudy12340 Tue 18-Apr-17 12:09:57

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now