Talk

Advanced search

Presents for mum, easy travelling

(7 Posts)
DeltaSunrise Sat 14-Nov-15 07:27:53

My mum is coming from the UK to us in NZ for Christmas this year. After spending some time with us, she's of to Aus for a few weeks before heading back to the UK.

She travels light, think just a rucksack and staying in hostels etc.

I need ideas for presents that will travel well, not take up too much space or that can be used straight away.

She likes colouring so I've already bought her one of those mindful colouring books and pens for her flights etc.

I'm really stuck, doesn't have to be much. Just a few things she can open on Christmas Day and perhaps something from the grandchildren.

Thanks.

BicycleGasoline Sat 14-Nov-15 07:38:29

Can you arrange to post things back home for her when she leaves so that you're not quite so restricted? Then she won't have to carry them around with her

Bimblywibble Sat 14-Nov-15 10:23:15

jewellery and posh chocolates. Earrings or a necklace and a nice but sturdy little box to keep them safe.

Children could give her a little notebook and pen maybe, or a book she can read and discard.

Iwantvino Sat 14-Nov-15 10:28:24

How about a trip in Aus? Balloon ride type thing?

Stompylongnose Sat 14-Nov-15 11:22:25

Does she use Apple gadgets like an iphone? You could give her a itunes voucher or gift her specific ebooks or albums that she might enjoy?

Jewellery, guidebook to Aus, watch, wallet, passport cover?

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sat 14-Nov-15 17:16:47

Earrings
Silk scarf
Mini toiletries, earplugs, eyemask, teabags, book or Kindle for her visit to Australia

DeltaSunrise Sun 15-Nov-15 01:29:20

Awesome ideas here.

I think her itinerary for Aus is pretty full so no trips/experiences needed.

She wears scarves so I like the idea of getting her a nice silk one, also iTunes voucher and passport covers are great. Found someone who personalises passport covers so could get her one with a photo of the grandchildren on it. Her passport is used a lot with all the trips she makes.

I've found a nice silver fern necklace too which will be good.

Thank you. Nearly all organised now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: